This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More returns!

So most of my posts will probably be about returns. When it comes to sales I am very agreeable and forgiving. I also I ensure EVERY customer knows if there are weird return issues regarding their product. Anyway here is a story from today.

EW: we all know the type
    ME: working slavemanager.

EW comes in carrying a large product. I intercept her midway through the store to save her the trouble of carrying it further. She immediately starts giving me some story about how it was a christmas gift. She didnt like it. Blah Blah.

EW: So on the way I read my receipt it said I have 30 days to return it. Now I live near your other store that closed and tried to take it there but they are closed.
    Me: When did you purchase it?
    EW: On Dec. 19. But your other store is closed.

At this point I ask my coworker who worked at that store and asked her when they closed. She told me Jan. 21.

Me: Ma'am I am sorry but even if you tried to return it after the store closed we only have a 30 day return policy. You would still be out of return.

EW starts blabbing about what am I talking about and that it was for "CHRISTMAS" and we should have exceptions for "CHRISTMAS". I want to tell her that "CHRISTMAS" was over a month ago and that we do make exceptions but not this far out.
    Then she asks starts saying how EVERY other store has a more lenient return policy and that is why THEY are going to stay in business. She asks for our corporate number I start to give it to her.

EW: Are you telling me that your system won't allow you to do the return or you don't want toi?
    Me: ( I am always honest about these things) The system WILL allow it but it is not FAIR to break policy for you and not other people.
    EW: WELL YOU SHOULD BREAK IT FOR ME BECAUSE I AM A GOOD CUSTOMER. GOOD. GOOD CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE ALLOWED (to break the rules) HAVE EXCEPTIONS.
    Me: Here is our corporate number.

EW leaves my coworker tries to be sympathetic and says " I am sorry"

EW: If you were sorry you would help me.

Sorry I follow the rules they may not be agreeable to you but I have a job that depends on it.

That's awesome!

I assume your corporate isn't the typical spineless-weenie type of corporate that will throw a gift card at the witch to get her to go away?

Will they back you for standing up to her, or cave?
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Ugh, so annoying. I LOVE people who think they're more special then dirt.
      6/16/2008: Best. Day. Ever.

Things I've Learned: Birth is not a miracle, it's a science, and science is damned disgusting. It's also really, really, cool.

Comment

Hey, be nice. Dirt is special.

These people are a different kind of special. Like a broken fork special.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
          That's awesome!

I assume your corporate isn't the typical spineless-weenie type of corporate that will throw a gift card at the witch to get her to go away?

Will they back you for standing up to her, or cave?
          $20 says they cave.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

They probably will cave. Thats my biggest pet peeve with retail, when you are given rules and follow them and your superiors override you. I don't mind taking it in the rear for a customer but dont make me tell them no and then you tell them yes. I would rather be the nice guy telling them yes then the bad guy telling them no. Sorry if this is rambling. I just follow the rules my BOSSES tell me. I would love an open return policy but that is not my company's policy. I just wish people would understand that the printed policies apply to everyone no exceptions.

Comment

Working...
            X