X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ahh the catbutt face

i got another one of those tonight

i was called up by a cw to help o a lady who had a question about cosmetics. she tells me how the loreal lipstick is buy 1 get 1 free, and the one she wants only has one.

she tells me that she was in the night before and was told we'd be getting it in on truck for today. well obviously it either a) came in and sold or b) we just didn't get it in

i don't know who told her that, but there is no guarantee on what we get in on truck.

so when she was complaining about it she asked if the are had been stocked yet.

i told her it had and she kept on saying "well it either hasn't been stocked yet or you didn't get it in" (shes a genius) being all snippy.

i told her AGAIN, "im positive that it has been stocked"

she has the cat butt face, huffs, and leaves.

getting all mean over freaking lipstick. if she had been nice, and not such a rude beeyotch i couldve given her the one, half price, or damnit she couldve gotten a raincheck.

Sorry, I just have to laugh about the cat butt face description. I hate when people do that to me when they don't like something. It usually causes me to make some subtle snide remark in response. I always seem to have a comment ready to fire, but try to bite my tongue if the customer at least seems nice. When the customer is not nice, I just don't care about restraint.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
      she tells me that she was in the night before and was told we'd be getting it in on truck for today. well obviously it either a) came in and sold or b) we just didn't get it in
      When that happened at my store (which it did rather frequently), it often meant that one of my co-workers had looked in our computer inventory program and said, "I see that we don't have any in stock right now, but the inventory program says that we have XX in transit. The next truck is tomorrow evening, and they might be on it, so your best bet would be to call us tomorrow evening to see if they came in or not." That, inevitably, would be interpreted as, "It's definitely coming tomorrow. Come in and buy it then."

It happened to me many times when I told customers whatever product might be coming in. They only heard what they wanted to hear.
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

whenever somethig is out and a customer asks me about it, i tell them when our next truck is, and that we might get it then.

they dont tell us whats coming in on truck

Comment

i told her it had and she kept on saying "well it either hasn't been stocked yet or you didn't get it in" (shes a genius) being all snippy.

i told her AGAIN, "im positive that it has been stocked"
          *shrugs* At least she didn't come back and STEAL the lipstick like half the people that want cosmetics in my store do.

But it's absolutely ridiculous behavior, making a mountain of a molehill.
          Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 02-08-2009, 05:47 AM. Reason: No need to quote entire post
          Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought of putting lipstick on his cat's butt to get the visual.
            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

whenever somethig is out and a customer asks me about it, i tell them when our next truck is, and that we might get it then.

they dont tell us whats coming in on truck
              That's basically what I'll tell our customers who are looking for an OOS item (Out of Stock) except I'll advise them (if it's an item I order from our HBA warehouse) to check the day AFTER the truck comes in (it'll take me at least 2 days to get the truck completely worked up, if not 2 1/2.)

Corporate has a nasty habit of out of stocking items that are on sale - usually with the last truck we get before the sale ends.

And we can find that out via online store invoices - which become available the day the truck is expected to arrive. I print my HBA/speciality merchandise invoices weekly (I only have one delivery a week) and I go through it before the pallets are even touched to see exactly what is listed as out of stock and what has been listed as present.

But as a general rule, we know what to expect - it just doesn't always turn out the way we expect it to.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

On-hands at my store do not update throughout the day as items are being sold. They only update after the store has closed, during end-of-day processing.

Which leads to situations like this one, which happened to me today: Customer purchased a TV and I was called to carry it out. It turned out we didn't have it, but there were still pull tags with the display (Way to make sure your pull tag counts are accurate electronics ). I had to tell the customers to come back inside for a refund and a raincheck and they weren't sucky about it. But the service desk person who dealt with them was adamant we had the TV in stock, because her computer showed we had 3 on hand. I was this close to dragging her to the backroom and having her search for the damn thing herself. Seriously, my job is the backroom, don't question me when I tell you we're out of something.

When customers ask me when an item will be coming in, I just tell them when the next truck(s) will be and to call or stop in the following day. If the customer interprets that as "It's coming in on the next truck, you can bank on it," whatever. I don't promise them that the item will be in unless I've looked at the manifest and seen the item listed on it
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My dept orders what we need. Some depts order what they need and what the computer thinks they need. We can see what was ordered but since the items may or may not be on the truck and the truck may or may not show up on time I always tell customers to call before they come down to try to buy it.

Best one was when a SC (the mom) and K (her son) ask about a product the day before the load. I tell them to CALL the next day after X PM. They show up at X PM and for some reason the truck had not shown up. I tell the SC this. SC Flips out. Her son corrects her, she flips out on her son then stomps off leaving behind her teenage son. Poor kid.

Comment

Working...
                  X