This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• true idiot

Guest: yea Dave, we are coming down for a wedding and we need a place to stay that is close to where the wedding is being held

Me: where is the wedding being held?

Guest: I dont know, I thought you knew

Me: no ma'am

Guest: well it's the Smith-Jones wedding

Me: I need to know where it is
    to find something near there

Guest: you're not very helpful

Me: ma'am I'd like to help you but I dont know where the wedding is

Guest: so I mean what exactly are you there for? It doesnt seem like you serve a very useful purpose.

Me: I'm a reservations agent

Guest: not a very good one.......if you were, you'd know where this wedding was but I guess I will have to call the moter of the bride but you have no idea how inconvenient that is for me and you probably dont care. Have a nice day loser.

CLICK

Wait...so, you're supposed to know about events that have nothing to do with the properties you rent, or you're useless? Ok, then...
    MySpace

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
      I guess I will have to call the moter of the bride but you have no idea how inconvenient that is for me and you probably dont care.
      Well, at least she got one thing right.

I think you need a new greeting - <usual spiel> This is Dave - Psychic powers are not included at this service level, so if you're wanting me to read your mind today, either send me several million dollars, or wait for a transfer to a supervisor.
      "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

"Oh, you mean the wedding being held in Tomsk, Siberia? Sure, let me give you directions!"
        "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

So your customers think you should be some kind of all knowing God?

I think they'd have to pay you a LITTLE more for that.
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I'd tell the customer "It's not my job to know where every single wedding is in the entire country. If I was, I wouldn't be answering this phone and would certainly be making a lot more money than I make now. Go call someone who knows and call back whenever you're ready to be a paying customer."
            Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Completely off topic, but this has been driving me nuts:

Every time I read your posts I always picture the caller speaking in a calm, collected, even monotone voice, no matter what they were saying. They could be swearing you up and down, but in my mind they would be speaking in a slow, calm manner. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why I did this. Yesterday it finally hit me:

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Because you post it so basically the first thing all your callers say is Dave, I have been imagining them all speaking as HAL 9000.

Comment

"OH MY GOD. The Smith-Jones WEDDING? You didn't hear? It's the Smith-Jones FUNERAL now. I'm so sorry. It was last week. Would you like to book a vacation to take your mind off that? I hear Bratislava is wonderful this time of year!"
                Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

Quoth TheRedHawk View Post
                  Completely off topic, but this has been driving me nuts:

Every time I read your posts I always picture the caller speaking in a calm, collected, even monotone voice, no matter what they were saying. They could be swearing you up and down, but in my mind they would be speaking in a slow, calm manner. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why I did this. Yesterday it finally hit me:

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Because you post it so basically the first thing all your callers say is Dave, I have been imagining them all speaking as HAL 9000.
                  One of the first VRS threads I read had a poster making that same observation. Ever since then, I've been reading all of VRS's SC lines with that voice.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Yeah, I always imagine HAL as well. It kind of messes with me, and I have to remember that customers are NEVER that calm.

Comment

Not for me. VSR's SCs make HAL look like an

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        One of the first VRS threads I read had a poster making that same observation. Ever since then, I've been reading all of VRS's SC lines with that voice.
                        I just posted this observation in another of his threads that I just read (this one). Then I came to this thread and ...

And I've never even seen the movie!
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                        X