This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't retun that!

Okay I wouldn't call this a sucky customer, however she wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, if you know what I mean.
    Working on the return desk, I had this 20ish year old women come up to me. She never had her receipt, and she wanted to return a *USED* pregnancy test. Claiming that it was flawed……my guess it just didn't give her answer she wanted.

For once, I'm speechless.

And aren't those things like, 99.NINE% accurate or something? So there's always that one chance that she doesn't have the results she looking for. That's what DOCTORS are for!!!!!! So if you get a different result at the doctor's office don't be expecting to return a test that a) Doesn't have a receipt and b) HAS PEE ON IT!!! GROSS
    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Oh, and btw, I would MOST DEFINITELY call that an SC, because not only is it just plain dumb, it's also disgusting!!!! :barf:
      "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

I remember Ree (I'm certain it was you) posting about someone returning a freshly used pregnancy testing kit and throwing it onto the counter shouting about how it was faulty.

It splashed.

My grossest (to date) story is here.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
          For once, I'm speechless.

And aren't those things like, 99.NINE% accurate or something? So there's always that one chance that she doesn't have the results she looking for. That's what DOCTORS are for!!!!!! So if you get a different result at the doctor's office don't be expecting to return a test that a) Doesn't have a receipt and b) HAS PEE ON IT!!! GROSS
          Actually, I was told by my dr. that they are only inaccurate on falses. They will never give you a false positive, but if you are not far enough along it may tell you negative when, in fact, you are pregnant.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            My grossest (to date) story is here.

I remember that one. :shudders:
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
              Actually, I was told by my dr. that they are only inaccurate on falses. They will never give you a false positive, but if you are not far enough along it may tell you negative when, in fact, you are pregnant.
              I'm one who can truthfully attest that there are false positives can occur on those tests. I was scheduled for surgery and was on the gurney waiting to be brought into the operating room when the surgeon came in and said that my pregnancy test was positive and that surgery would have to be postponed. (It was reconstructive facial surgery after an accident) My husband and I looked at the surgeon and said "you're wrong." He said, No, the urine sample from this morning tested positive. We told him again "you're wrong." He ordered a blood test and an hour later confirmed I was NOT pregnant. The surgery took place. Two days later, just before I was released, he ordered another round of pregnancy tests. The urine test turned out positive, the blood test negative. I was NOT pregnant.

Since this happened, I've heard of others who have had false positives with the tests, though it is very rare.

Comment

Quoth sportsmom View Post
                They are more likely to be inaccurate on falses than on positives, but they can be inaccurate on either one.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

What's next, somebody returning a used Depends?

Hey, it gets peed on too...
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've taken back a couple of used breast pumps. Also toilet seats that were slightly used (cracked and broken upon first sitting, presumably), and more tried on underwear than one would like to come in contact with in a day.

Rotten meat is probably the grossest return, due to the smell factor. I don't get a lot of horrendously gross returns though, thank goodness.

Comment

Quoth booger View Post
                      I've taken back a couple of used breast pumps.
                      I returned a breast pump. The reason was that it was used and sold as new. When I took it apart to clean it before using it for the first time there were spots in it.

When I took it back, the cashier started arguing with me about exchanging it. She gave me the whole speech about how they couldn't accept used breast pumps as returns, etc., etc. I pointed out the valid reason for the return, and that they'd obviously accepted a used pump for return before, but she wouldn't budge. Just as I was about to lose it (new mother, no sleep), the manager came over, listened to my story, noted that I was exchanging it toward another pump that was three times the price of the one I was returning (I decided to go up-market), and told the cashier to do the return.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                      X