Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Part of "He's Not Here Yet" Don't You Get?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Part of "He's Not Here Yet" Don't You Get?

Today, before I clocked out, the phone rang and it turned out to be a customer wanting to talk to the dairy manager. I told her that he wasn't there yet. The customer told me that she was told he would be there then and suggested calling back in about half an hour and she wouldn't accept that. I informed her that he was running late and was currently calling from another line.

The customer wanted me to get on the other line and talk to the dairy manager about returning soon to be expired milk since she didn't have a receipt. She wanted me to ask my service desk coworker who was on the phone with the dairy manager about the milk. I walked through the store to find the service desk coworker and I found her when I went back up to the service desk. I filled her in on the situation and the other service desk coworker mentioned that the customer had been calling about every 5 minutes trying to reach the dairy manager.

I clocked out and went to get my belongings. When I came back up to the service desk so I could call for a ride, I saw that the dairy manager had arrived and I filled him in about the customer that called about the milk problem.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

I get this occasionally at my work. Someone phones in and either needs to be transferred to another department that isn't open yet, or someone that's on another call. Occasionally the customer will say, 'Oh that's alright, I'll hold'. I then explain that no, they can't just sit on my line because this is a call centre and I need to assist other customers phoning in.
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
      I filled her in on the situation and the other service desk coworker mentioned that the customer had been calling about every 5 minutes trying to reach the dairy manager.
      Just remember what site you're on, purplecat. If it makes sense and is easy to understand, it doesn't belong.
      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

What say does the dairy manager have? At least in our store, it's up to the front end manager, who is responsible for customer service, returns and the registers. I'm guessing your store runs differently.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I get that a lot, especially for the SM or ASM. Customers don't seem to understand the concept of "he'll be here in a half hour/he's not here today".
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

We get that for time to time. We had one SC who called several times a day looking for a specific manager, who was on vacation for week. They they just decided to ask if they would ne back early. No, I think they are content in Florida as opposed to "beautiful" snow covered New England.

Comment

At the risk of jacking your thread:

I got that on Sunday.

A SC was not pleased that the IRS intercepted part of her refund over a prior tax debt. Well she called at least 8 times requesting a supervisor [Background: I'm typically alone on Sundays--low traffic day].

Did she honestly believe that repeatedly phoning would magically convince the SM to give up her Sunday to tell her what I did hours earlier.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
              X