Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sure, I'm in the Habit of Just GIVING People Stuff...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure, I'm in the Habit of Just GIVING People Stuff...

Dude walks in, his phone is acting up. I remedy the situation quickly, and he is grateful. While he's there, he asks if I have a holster for his phone. I do, and we move to the register. Our register system requires a name of some sort, and he gives me his. (We can do "Misc Customer" if the customer really would rather not give us their name - no biggie.) I give him the total, and he hands me a debit card and his lisence. I check, and the names match and his ID is his. I run the card, it's declined. He says he just bought something with it, could I try again? I try it again, it is declined again.

So Dude, in his infinate wisdom, starts begging me to just GIVE him the holster.

Now folks, it's a holster that cost my boss a grand total of 5 bucks. It retails at $15. But given that my boss is not in business of losing money, and I'm NOT the boss, I can't make these sorts of calls. Pay for it, or don't buy it. Besides, it's the principle!

"You could just turn your head."
    "Or you could just come back when you've got cash or something."
    "C'mon, just this once!"
    "Yeah, until you tell all your friends about it."

Finally, I hold up my hands and say "Look hun, I just work here. I don't own it. Boss isn't here. Just come back when you've got some other way to pay. We've got plenty of those holsters, we won't run out before you're back."

He nods, and concedes. Then turns to leave. WITH THE HOLSTER STILL ON HIS BELT.

I clear my throat, and he looks at me. "The holster?" Sheepishly, he tries to act like he didn't realize he still had it. Yeah. I was born yesterday, buddy. He gives it back and saunters out.

Me, I'm annoyed. I saved his name, and I'm telling Boss and Coworker on Monday to watch out for this one. Ugh.
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

What an idiot! Where does he think he is, Freebies 'R' Us?

Comment

Working...
    X