This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few stories

I've worked at a local retail store for three years. I have a few stories and creepy ones from my experience there.

When we could lock the fitting room doors, I got my boss to agree that me and the girls at night could lock it a half hour before closing. We made a sign and everything and stuck it on the door. Most customers, if they really wanted to use the fitting room, would politely ask and we would oblige. It was a loss prevention and making our lives easier and not have to run around at the end of the night. One night myself and one of the girls named Ashley were in the infants department cleaning when an irate customer stomped up to us and began yelling about the fitting rooms being locked. We both looked at her and she yelled "ARE THEY ALWAYS LOCKED AT 9:30??" and Ashley said "Yeah?" Uncertain how to answer her. The woman began to cuss up a storm and all around sounded belligerent and literally stomping her feet. She said something about a midnight church thing and stormed off down to the front of the store where she screamed at the closing manager who had an indifferent look on her face. Ashley and I returned to the fitting room and found a cart stuffed with clothes she intended on trying on but strangely no purse. She didn't carry one either and her shorts lacked pockets. (I'm observant... lol) The woman left and we put her clothes back on the floor.

Another annoying customer story was involving a middle aged man. He asked me if the dress shirts we had on the floor were wrinkle free and I told him no. They weren't and besides it would have been advertised on the tags. He got pissed and started arguing about the fact they weren't wrinkle free and he bought some a few years ago. I gave him a -_- look and said. "That was a few years ago." So he demanded to talk to a manager and I called Richard who is a complete push over. He lied to the guy and told him that they were wrinkle free shirts.

A month later I had another run in with the guy, complaining yet again about something inane and he said "Every time I come here I never find what I'm looking for." Anyone sick of hearing that line? So I looked at him and said. "If it's so bad then why do you come back here? There is a Walmart up the street." He said nothing and left. I was surprised I didn't hear a complaint from a manager about it. Some people complain for the sake of complaining.

My creepy story happened over a year ago. I was just promoted as a lead of two departments in the clothes so I was walking around towards the stock room and came across a customer who looked like he needed help. He was middle aged and was wearing road worker clothes. I asked if he needed help and he was looking for thermals. The ones he wanted were a seasonal item which I told him and it was mid-summer and they come out in late fall early winter. He thanked me and I walked away to the stockroom. A moment later, as I was pulling a shipper from a shelf he walked right into the stock room towards me. "Are you with anybody?" He asked. I was surprised he followed me in there.

"What?" I asked.
    "Are you with anybody?" He repeated. The way he was saying it reminded me of a redneck trying to claim a woman at a bar. (Not all road workers are rednecks :-P)
    "Ummm... yeah I'm engaged." I lied playing with a random ring I had on my necklace. He said "Oh" and left. >.>

Quoth acaciacloud View Post
    Ashley and I returned to the fitting room and found a cart stuffed with clothes she intended on trying on but strangely no purse. She didn't carry one either and her shorts lacked pockets. (I'm observant... lol) The woman left and we put her clothes back on the floor.
    As is well known on this board, she could have had her cashed stashed in her bra, or someplace even worse.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
    X