This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I sent this business letter?

The letter explains it all, and if you want to skip to the good part, it's the last paragraph.

---

Dear Mr. And Mrs. Jerk,

Thank you for bringing to our attention issues with your stay at Blah Inn of Hendersonville. We value feedback from our guests, and welcome suggestions for improvement.

As we understand it, you considered our staff rude, encountered a maintenance problem, did not approve of the way the maids cleaned the room, and found that your room was lacking a Bible. Also, we understand that you believe you may have been charged incorrectly.

As for any charges, your room was prepaid through an online service and as such, we charged nothing to your credit card, as the enclosed receipt shows. If you believe that you have been charged incorrectly, you will need to take up the issue with whichever service it was that you used to book the room.

Regarding your room, we do apologize if you found the maids to be rude, if their cart blocked the hallway, and that you did not approve of the placement of towels in your room. We further apologize that your toilet was not bolted as securely to the floor as it should have been, and please be assured that our maintenance man has since corrected that problem. You mention in your comment card that you also had a problem with your bathroom vent. We alerted maintenance, who could find nothing wrong with the vent. Our bathroom vents are exhaust vents, and do not blow air into the room. Rather, they move air from the room through a central exhaust system outside.

We apologize if you found any of our staff to be less than attentive, although as you arrived on a Friday, surely you understand that one staff member can only do so much at a time. October is one of our busiest months of the year, and Fridays are one of the busiest days of the week. We have spoken to the staff member, however, and have brought your complaint to her attention.

This brings us to your complaint that your room lacked a Bible. Your exact words were “No Bible in room? Was it because of Patel?” Let me assure you that no, it was not “because of Patel.” To be perfectly frank, it was likely because the Bible was stolen, as Bibles and telephone directories disappear with alarming regularity. Frankly we resent that you insinuate otherwise. Many faiths are represented among our staff members, and that you would blame a missing Bible on the ethnicity of the owner of this property disgusts me. It smacks of self-righteous bigotry.

According to your comment card, there is nothing we could do to retain your business, and that is well and good with us. You and your bigotry are not welcome here. We do however, wish you luck in resolving your billing issue with the online service you used to book your reservation.

Regards,

Boss Who is Very Scary When Angry, owner
    Blah Inn of Hendersonville
    Drive it like it's a county car.

So much time is spent, these days, desperately trying not to piss people off. I'm one of those people who believes that we should be allowed to smack bad customers on the nose with a newspaper, like one does with a dog that pees on the carpet, but it's not a popular view.

I commend you for your honesty in this letter, but I think that, perhaps, it might be best to clear it with your boss, first. ... not in the least because it is the boss's name that's getting signed to it. Also, I'm not wholly certain that it's ass-kissy enough to pass muster. Depends on your boss, I suppose.
    07-88-02 :: How do I powercycle the previous agent?
    Get the joke? You know where I work. Missed it? Sorry, can't say a word about it.

Comment

Quoth ThinMick View Post
      So much time is spent, these days, desperately trying not to piss people off. I'm one of those people who believes that we should be allowed to smack bad customers on the nose with a newspaper, like one does with a dog that pees on the carpet, but it's not a popular view.
      It's a popular view, just not among bosses.
      free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

This guest was here jut last week. I ran this letter by my boss, and she says to wait and see if the guest files a formal complaint with corporate. As it is, everything came to us on a comment card, which we're not required to respond to or even care about.

If the guest makes a complaint, then the gloves come off and this letter goes in the mail. If they don't, then we'll forget about them and they'll forget about us.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I envy you, I have to be apologetic to the customers even if whatever the incident was is an obvious sign of stupidity from the customer and I am not at fault. I must say I would do anything to have a boss like that. Mine have their heads way too far up in the sky.
          Last edited by ArenaBoy; 10-28-2006, 03:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Nice... Forceful without being outright rude...
            I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Working...
            X