This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty customer made me cry

I had this couple at the checkout today. All went well til it came to the whole putting in the PIN. The wife couldn't do it. I assumed she just forgot it or something, and waited patiently so she could remember it, not talking cuz in my experience people remember better in silence.

All of a sudden, the husband started shouting at me, saying I was being nasty to his blind wife and not helping her put her pin in. He then grabbed a supervisor and complained about me to her.

I hardly ever cry cuz of customers, but this guy made me cry. How the hell was I supposed to know that his wife was blind? She didn't have a white stick or a guide dog. And if she's blind, then why is Mr Arsehole making his wife pay? The 3 customers after Mr Arsehole were great, the first one handing me tissues.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Aww that sucks
    Would you like some pineapples
    "I want to be a mongoose. Can I be a mongoose dog?"

Comment

Please feel free with the salted pineapple for Mr Arsehole. I pity his wife.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I want to know why the hell HE wasn't helping her! Grrrr!
        I no longer fear HELL.
        I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
          I want to know why the hell HE wasn't helping her! Grrrr!
          My thoughts exactly! He knew she was blind, you did not. Something's not right there.

I think most of us have been driven to tears by abusive customers at one point or another. {{{Lace}}} I hope your supervisor understood.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

So, he wanted a total stranger to know his wife's PIN?
            You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

Quoth BrightEyedKitty View Post
              So, he wanted a total stranger to know his wife's PIN?
              I thought that too as well as what the other two posts above this one thought - WHY DID HE NOT HELP HER?
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

That pretty much qualifies as a psychic consultation then, since no one told you the wife was blind. Psychic consultations are $150USD, cash in advance, no exceptions, no personal checks.

If I got paid for all the psychic consultations thrown my way in the course of a working day, I'd own three mansions, an island in the Caymans, and a lifetime supply of Belgian dark chocolate.

The husband was a jerk and definitely abusive. I feel bad for you, and for his wife too.

Comment

What a nasty man. I'm sorry he made you cry, but at least you only had to deal with him for a few minutes. Pity his poor wife who has to live with the arsehole.
                  A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                  - Dave Barry

Comment

What a seriously retarded jerk.
                    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I would have lost it and screamed at him "How the hell was I supposed to know???"

Then again, I tend to lose it these days pretty quickly. I wouldn't last 5 minutes I was back in the customer service again. At least she doesn't have to look at this asshole though.

Comment

What a jerk.

It seems like he did it on purpose just for the sake of arguing. As other people said, how would you know the wife is blind? Why would HE not know his wife's pin, knowing they'd have to go through something like that everytime?

Sounds warped to me. Sorry that you cried.

Comment

I'm sorry about your experiece, Lace. It seems to me that this person was just using his wife's disability as an excuse to make a scene and make himself look important in public. He should be ashamed of himself.
                          "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Wow, Lace. {{{{{Lace}}}}}

What on earth was Mr. Asshat thinking?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I usually think it makes sense to reword the "what was _________ thinking?" as "WAS _________ thinking?"
                              Last edited by Seanette; 10-29-2006, 05:24 AM. Reason: correcting punctuation errors
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                              X