This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O noes I have to WAIT for my change?!

So I got morning shift this week (ugh). Now, when I get stuck on a register first thing in the morning, the drawers have the money in them, but said money isn't out of its wrappers yet, so I have to set up so I'm ready for those hordes that show up pounding at the door 2 minutes after the store is supposed to open. (WTF is wrong with you morning people?! Why aren't you ASLEEP?! (like I'd like to be at that bloody hour)

I knew it was *not* going to be a good day (and it wasn't, for several reasons including this one) when right off the bat I haven't even arranged my drawer yet and I get a crapstomer in my line. Everything's fine, till I have to undo these HORRID little shrink-wrap plastic coin thingies in order to get her change out. They're a PITA to break open and I wish management would stick with the damn paper wrappers (but since when has management ever been known for their intelligence??).

While I'm struggling to get one of these beasties open, VIB (Very Important Bitch, at least in her mind) snaps at me, "You want to quit playing around with that and just give me my change? I gotta go." (Where, to the Asshole Convention? I know Oktoberfest is in town but I had no idea AC was too) Bitch, I'd have been more than happy to keep the coins, seeing as how you're too damned impatient to wait for me to get it out.

Whoever invented said horrid little shrink-wrap plastic coin thingies must be forced to drink a shitload of coffee and soda and then stuffed into one of those nasty little wrappers for no less than a minimum of 24 hours. Maybe then you'll stick with the damn paper wrappers, which are by far easier to open.
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Oh man, I hate those things! I perfected the art of cracking rolls like eggs--goes with my style of tossing coins from one hand to the other and counting back in style. Whoever invented those needs to wake up shrink-wrapped to his bed!

As for your VIB, maybe it would be good to start with the pennies, that way you have something to give her when she's in a hurry.
    "They say that ignorance is bliss. But making fun of ignorant people is also pretty blissful." --Steve of collegehumor.com

Comment

Oh I hate those people who say they're in a rush, yet come to shop. This happened to my co-worker.

SC: "My kid gets out of school in 15 minutes, I'm in a rush. I want my delivery to be at my house before then. I wrote it on the slip."
      CW: "We have 5 deliveries prior to yours, so it will take about 30 to 45 minutes."
      SC: "WHAT? I don't THINK SO!! I said my kid gets out of school in 15 minutes! I want my delivery before then!"
      CW: "There's nothing I can do about that, sorry."

The co-worker told me later on that the lady went to the front end, then another manager complaining about the wait. Oh, the best part? All of that complaining in the store took around 20-25 minutes. I thought she had to get home to her kid and have her stuff there in 15 minutes?

Comment

My mom said I ought to have counted out a whole bunch of dimes and handed them to her.

Alas, I only ever think of these things *after* the fact. Stupid brain.
        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
          While I'm struggling to get one of these beasties open, VIB (Very Important Bitch, at least in her mind) snaps at me, "You want to quit playing around with that and just give me my change? I gotta go."
          HELLO! MCFly, I can't give you your change because it's IN THIS SHRINK WRAP! But, I have something else for you...

Ah, to dream!
          Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 10-29-2006, 02:02 AM. Reason: added last line
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
            Everything's fine, till I have to undo these HORRID little shrink-wrap plastic coin thingies in order to get her change out.
            I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE those damned things! The problem is is that it's the bank that does those. I swear they have those set aside for stores and keep the paper and hard plastic ones for themselves.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

GAaaah....the only time I ever came even close to crying at work.

Went hiking the previous weekend. The short version of my adventure was that I spent a short stint unconscious in the bottom of a rocky, shallow creekbed.

What? It's not a a good, serious romp unless someone gets hurt.

Anyway, I go to Kinko's on Monday with a bruise on my hip, another one across my forehead, and the most painful one, on the heel of my right hand. I think I had a slight sprain in my hand because while my fingers all worked, they complained an awful lot.

I grabbed the pennies out of the drawer with my right hand, and without thinking, cracked them open on the edge of the counter like I always do.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE those damned things! The problem is is that it's the bank that does those. I swear they have those set aside for stores and keep the paper and hard plastic ones for themselves.
                I am with you on them. I have encountered them a few times. They are a to open.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

i hate when customers get impatient over the stupidest things!

i have to say though, as a former cash office associate, our store-rolled coins were always in paper wrappers - the plastic ones came from the bank and i hated them too

so next time a customer rushes you over opening those darn plastic rolls, blame it on the bank

Comment

Gah, I hate those things, too. It takes a lot of moogling to get them out.
                    However, when I used to carry a box knife with me, it was a snap to slice them open...maybe I should get one again.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                      However, when I used to carry a box knife with me, it was a snap to slice them open...maybe I should get one again.
                      You sure you have enough restraint to not use it on a customer?
                      Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Huh. I guess they're a pain. I don't have too much trouble with them; instead of trying to break it open, I just force the coins onto an angle and push them out the end. Admittedly, it does take longer than dropping a paper roll, but my guess is it saves money in supplies to use the shrink wrap.

Slicing 'em works well, too, especially if you have an auto change dispenser (drop in the sleeve, slice and pull).
                        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth pbmods View Post
                          Huh. I guess they're a pain. I don't have too much trouble with them; instead of trying to break it open, I just force the coins onto an angle and push them out the end. Admittedly, it does take longer than dropping a paper roll, but my guess is it saves money in supplies to use the shrink wrap.
                          I don't think there are sizable dollar differences. However, you can see all the coins in a shrink wrap.

Quoth pbmods View Post
                          Slicing 'em works well, too, especially if you have an auto change dispenser (drop in the sleeve, slice and pull).
                          Cut the end, tear the cut inward until you get past the first few coins. Usually at that point, you can squish the coins sideways so that they come out of their nest. You just have to get past the point where the plastic is smaller diameter than the coins.

Comment

I get 2 types of coin bag; the easy ones where you just flip the top open, and the stupid plastic ones where you have to try to pull it open. I usually end up stabbing them with my pen, trying to avoid the temptation to scream, "Die, vile beast, die!"
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                              You sure you have enough restraint to not use it on a customer?
                              Oh, most of my customers are pretty good. The lady the other night, however, was lucky I didn't have any sharp pointies in my hands when she failed to listen to me or the guy at her insurance's help desk when they said that they couldn't fill at W anymore as of Sept. I sent her off to Rite Aid. Muahahahaha!
                              That wasn't the first time I'd had a run in with her, either. Cursed public aid people, expecting everything insurance wise to just magically cover all and work perfectly without any beaurocratic (totally wrong sp) issues.....

Comment

Working...
                              X