This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-33

When we speak to the drivers, we have 10 codes. We usually use the same ones, however, every so often, they'll throw one out at us that stumps me. Well, I was at work yesterday and a driver threw out a 10-33 - I couldn't find my sheet and asked over the radio, what does that mean? Another driver responded - "It means call the police!"

The story:
    Driver goes to do an air up...there's a car with two flat tires. He gets on location, realizes he needs a valve stem tightener tool and calls in for one. We send another driver out to meet him with said tool.

In the meantime, I hear "10-33!" from the driver already on location. Not knowing what he meant and actually, barely heard what he said, I brushed it off breifly before me and another driver standing next me thought that I should clarify it.

"CALL THE F***IN COPS"

Okay, I call the cops, tell them where my driver is at and that he needs police assistance NOW! They needed information about what was going on and all I could get from the driver was "the customer is flipping out on me!"

Other driver flies to the scene.

It seems that the woman who placed the service call was a member under her boyfriends card. They got into an arguement, he did not want her to leave, so he let the air out of her tires. When the driver showed up to air up the tires and realized he needed the tool, he got back into the truck to wait for the other driver. The boyfriend came out of the house and started beating on his truck telling him to get the F out of the truck. The boyfriend then went back into the house and when the other driver showed up, he came back out and stood on the porch yelling obsenities and threatening the drivers with physical harm.

By this time, the cops were on the way and the driver's supervisor and another driver left the garage to go to the scene as well.

The boyfriend went back into the house and the drivers were able to get the ladies tires aired up so her and her daughter could leave. The police showed up and they could not get the guy to come out of the house.

The boyfriends membership is flagged and possibly facing cancellation.

AND...I now know what 10-33 means!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

I hope at the very LEAST he loses his account. I see jail time being very likely.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

AND...I now know what 10-33 means!
      10-4, friendofjimmyk
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ya got yer ears on, good buddy?

Well, I heard that since the police couldn't get the guy to come out of the house and the driver was able to safely perform the service call and the girlfriend was able to safely leave - they left as well.

If I hear anything else, I'll keep y'all posted, but I am sure this will all be handled by the back office and if I do hear anything, it would only be if this guy calls again.
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
        X