This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day clearance bitch

So I log on to my register today at the start of my shift and my very first customer of the day comes up. It's a lady with a son of about maybe nine years old. In her cart is a ton of Valentine's Day stuff-which is now clearanced out at 50% off. She also has a few cookbooks that rang up full price. She told me she found them in the Valentine's section, and so they should be 50% off. I don't see a red clearance sticker anywhere on them or anything, so I call over the supervisor. Here's how the conversation went:

Sup: "Hey, what can I do for you?"
    Me: "She thought these books were supposed to be 50% off, but they're ringing up full price."
    Sup: "Okay. Why did you think they were 50% off?"
    Lady: *snotty tone* "Because they were in the VALENTINE'S SECTION??"
    Sup: (gets another employee to check)
    Lady: *snotty tone* "Those were the LAST ones there!"
    Sup: "Okay, yeah, unfortunately these aren't clearance. Clearance items have red stickers on them. I don't know if somebody placed these back there by accident-"
    Lady: "There were like 25 of them back there the other day!"
    Sup: "I'm sorry, but unfortunately all I can do for you is to give you 20% off, if you like. But these aren't part of the clearance section."

At this point the lady points out one of the books that I scanned that DID come up on clearance, and yet didn't have a red clearance sticker on them.

Lady: "So then why does THAT one not have a sticker on it?"
    Sup: "I really don't know why that is, ma'am. But yeah, that one's on clearance, the others aren't. I'm sorry."

So then the supervisor leaves and I'm left with her. Here's the conversation:

Lady: *mocking voice* "Ohh, the clearance items have red stickers on them! Uh! Uh! Uh! Oh! Yeah, that's right, stutter through the whole thing so it comes out the way you want it to in the end!"

Then she said this, to ME:

Lady: "Are you new? I sense that you're new." (actually, I've been there almost 2 years, thanks)

Okay. So basically, she:

A. Used that famous snotty "are you retarded?" tone with my sup
    B. Mocked my sup as soon as her back was turned
    C. Asked me a very rude, embarrassing question for no reason whatsoever.
    D. Had the nerve to bring her child into the store so that she could teach him exactly how to behave towards the retail peons.

Very nice.
    Last edited by Ree; 02-16-2009, 03:56 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary phrase

PLEASE tell me you voided the sale and didn't help her because she was being a biatch. PLEASE.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Ugh...sometimes I just hate clearance shoppers. They think that since a holiday is over that means EVERYTHING from that holiday is supposed to be dirt cheap.

I remember when our Christmas shop clearanced to fifty percent off the day after Christmas. Two ladies came in and screeched (yes, screeched), "OMG, it's ONLY fifty percent off! Lowe's has their's at 75% off!"

Whoa, sorry...come back in two or three weeks and it will be the price you want.

Why do people freak out over stupid stuff like this?

Comment

I've given up being polite to anyone who makes fun of someone else's disability. I'm not rude to them, but I do give them a direct look and "I don't think that was really necessary. {Person} can't help the way he/she {talks/walks/whatever} and it certainly doesn't affect his/her competence on the job."

Cat butt faces once in a while, but they mostly look abashed and some even apologize. (I have a good Teacher Voice ). I have even learned to say that about myself, which was hard! But yes, I have ADHD and a mild numerical dyslexia and I make mistakes once in a while. We're all human...

A big peeve for me is the use of "retarded" in casual conversation. I have a brother-in-law who has Down Syndrome. He is a sensitive person and he's said to me that it hurts his feelings to be called retarded, and that he always gets a bit anxious when he hears the word because he isn't sure if people are talking about him and being mean. Poor guy. So I ask my friends and coworkers not to use it. I never picked it up for one reason or another- my slang is a couple of years out of date I guess, but that may be a good thing...

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          PLEASE tell me you voided the sale and didn't help her because she was being a biatch. PLEASE.
          No, in fact, she apologized several times to the "guest". She's always like that. She'll even apologize for things that aren't her fault in any way whatsoever. I never understand that. I feel like if you're being rude to me, I don't owe you a damn thing. If you're being nasty to me, I have every right to be cold to you and NOT kiss your ass. Apparently I'm not cut out for "guest" service. I was written up the other day for my temper.

Comment

"Did I ever tell you why I was kicked out of the CIA?"
            "No."
            "It was because of my temper."

[/END_SNEAKERS_REF]
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
              That would be my reaction too.

Comment

"Must've been a computer glitch. Here, let me fix that for you."
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
                  "Because God hates you, ma'am, and frankly, so do I."

Comment

&^%^%$%$# The "are you new" comment makes me angrier than anything!
                    I've come up with a snappy remark for basically every other comment other than that one. When it comes to that question I`m usually reserved to a simple NO and a death glare.

Comment

You forgot:

E. that she got an undeserved 20% off another book for doing nothing more than being a complete c*nt-rocket.
                      I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                        I've come up with a snappy remark for basically every other comment other than that one. When it comes to that question I`m usually reserved to a simple NO and a death glare.
                        "Yeah, I'm so sorry...these buttons are all so confusing. OMG!! I'm so sorry[sic]! I must've voided your transaction!!"

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post
                          "OMG, it's ONLY fifty percent off! Lowe's has their's at 75% off!"
                          "Then why in the flying FUCK didn't you buy it at Lowe's and spare us your nasty shrieking and your bitch whore attitude?"

It's probably a good thing that I DON'T work retail.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
                            "Because God hates you, ma'am, and frankly, so do I."

Great Line! I gotta remember that one.
                            Retail Haiku:
                            Depression sets in.
                            The hellhole is calling me ~
                            I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                              Since 99% of the time i'm younger than the customer i like to use "Newer than you"...normally takes at least 30 seconds for them to click
                              How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                              X