Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, I'm sure I'm not someone else (short)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I'm sure I'm not someone else (short)

The funniest thing happened to me yesterday...
    Me: Thank you for calling the _____, this is Rachel, how can I help you??
    Cust: Rachel??? Is that you??
    Me: yeah... what would you like.....
    Cust: Is this Rachel Bowman??????
    Me: No this is not Rachel Bowman.
    Cust: ARE YOU SURE?

No. I am not sure if my name is Rachel Bowman or not. Maybe it is Rachel Brown, or Charlie Kauffman.

Me: Yes, I am sure.
    Cust: Okay, bye!

Ok......

And I thought it was weird when I had a customer who thought I was American. (I'm not)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Maybe you are a doppleganger? I've had a few people *swear* i graded from the local high school. NOt possible, I was living in another state at the time.

Comment

I once had a customer mistake me for having a New York accent and the thing is I don't have an accent and I've been living in Florida since I was 4 years old!! He wasn't sucky, but if he was it probably would've worked out to my advantage.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          I once had a customer mistake me for having a New York accent and the thing is I don't have an accent and I've been living in Florida since I was 4 years old!! He wasn't sucky, but if he was it probably would've worked out to my advantage.
          I spent a year in Florida and I ran into almost as many New Yorkers as Floridians. Are you sure you haven't picked up a trace of their accent without realizing it?

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
            Maybe you are a doppleganger? I've had a few people *swear* i graded from the local high school. NOt possible, I was living in another state at the time.
            I get that all the time as well. I keep running into people who don't know my name, but swear they used to see me all the time somewhere I've never been in my life.

I guess I have an evil twin out there. Oh wait, I am the evil twin!
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth pizzaparlorchick View Post
              Cust: Rachel??? Is that you??
              Me: yeah... what would you like.....
              Cust: Is this Rachel Bowman??????
              "Are you Sarah Connor?"

You know, you could've just escaped a horrible fate...
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                I don't have an accent and I've been living in Florida since I was 4 years old!!
                Everyone has an accent. You have a Floridinian one is all. But even within a region there can be variation. What you're probably running in to is people who are used to a Floridinian accent from a different area, and since they "have no accent," and are from Florida, you must be from somewhere else, obviously. Or thus goes their thinking.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth dwasifar View Post
                  I spent a year in Florida and I ran into almost as many New Yorkers as Floridians. Are you sure you haven't picked up a trace of their accent without realizing it?
                  Maybe a smidge, but nothing incredibly noticeable.

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Everyone has an accent. You have a Floridinian one is all. But even within a region there can be variation. What you're probably running in to is people who are used to a Floridinian accent from a different area, and since they "have no accent," and are from Florida, you must be from somewhere else, obviously. Or thus goes their thinking.
                  If you go to the central/northern part of the state, you hear more of a Southern accent/twang since those areas are closer to Georgia/Alabama. I live in South Florida, so there is quite the bevy of the New York/New Jersey accents. To be honest, some people have asked me if I have a Floridian accent and I've NEVER heard anyone talk with a Floridian accent.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Speaking of accents, I had a deprived childhood. I grew up without an accent. This is because I was the product of a mixed marriage. My father was from the North, and my mother was from the South.

(This joke is most easily understood by those from the southeastern area of the US, particularly those mindful of that recent confict known as the US Civil War.)

(Highlight if you don't get it.)

My wife hates it when I tell this joke.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I grew up in a large Midwestern city, and at the age of 12-13 moved to the Deep South. After that, I lived all around the country, including New England, more of the South, and now California.

If anything, I characterize my accent as 'midwestern,' though in the UK, I've been asked if I were Canadian (an honest mistake, I thought). But I've also had people ask me if I were Scottish, French, and, on one memorable occassion, someone in New York (a fellow American) tell me that I obviously was a 'foreigner'! I told him 'no,' that I was 'an American' -- and he told me "Okay, if that's your little fantasy; but we both know differently!"

At first I had a 'what the hell' moment, but then thought this was too funny to continue the argument with the guy

(Added later) Maybe it's the way I talk. My girlfriend says that I have a very dead-pan voice. Here's what she says would happen if I got stabbed:

(Girlfriend, speaking in a monotone voice, with no inflection whatsoever). Ow. I got stabbed. That really hurt. I wonder if I should go to see a doctor? (What a wise-guy she is, sometimes!)
                      Last edited by SailorMan; 02-21-2009, 11:22 AM.
                      Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

I've been told I have an Austrian accent. And "british" accent. And Dad says when I get royally pissed I sound like I'm from Brooklyn.

I'm SOUTHERN. I have a Tennessee Accent. I twang. I've never ever ever been north of the Mason-Dixon line.

Considering how I react to cold, I really don't wanna go any further north than I am.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I had someone thinking that I was Italian.
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            I get that all the time as well. I keep running into people who don't know my name, but swear they used to see me all the time somewhere I've never been in my life.
                            Actually, Mike, when I first saw your picture, you reminded me of someone that I've seen before.
                            You must just have one of those faces.
                            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I had a lady who said I sounded Welsh or British. There's only a couple of things I can think of. I was born in Utah, and some of its early settlers were from the British Isles. I also sing, and one of the things some vocal coaches will teach you is to sing with...sort of a British accent. But both of these things are really stretching it. I don't know.
                              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                              -----
                              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                              X