X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You should be paying me to be here!"

Hey everyone, I'm back!

At the college I work at, we have these big open house sessions and we charge a small fee for guests to attend (student's are free). And while I don't agree with charging at all, it is a growing trend at other colleges and the guests don't seem to mind.

Well, most of them.

This SC decided to have a hissy fit at the walk-in booth and not only refused to pay, but refused to give us his student's information...

He demanded to know why he has to pay and the lady at the booth explained how we must rent the facilities and etc.

My boss comes out (I run the event, but I was elsewhere) and repeats some of the same stuff the lady said, and finished it up with "You don't have to pay, but everyone else here did" and pointed to the mass of people still in the lobby.

So the man begrudgingly paid the fee, put his daughter's name down and threw the pen at the lady. But before he left, he told her... "I already have twin daughters going here, and if you want my third daughter to come, you should be paying ME to be here!"

Flash forward about 15 minutes later, I finally show up and the lady shares the story with me. We all have a good laugh because everyone makes fun of SC's, right?

Two minutes later, a Police Aide for the campus department comes through just making his regular rounds, he knows some of us really well, so the lady shares the story with him and I get an instant idea.

NOTE: while the Police Aide isn't packing heat, he still is in full uniform, with a real badge, and a very imposing utility belt. If someone isn't standing next to him to read Police Aide on his badge, you'd think he was a real cop).

The lady and I, and the Police Aide walk into the ballroom and start to look for the man. We finally find him and we walk towards the row he is sitting in and pretend to talk about him. I told the aide that I didn't want to really do anything, but I wanted to mess with him a bit.

He got totally into the role and after pretending to have a long convo with us, we left and he hung around awhile, walked through the room once, and then returned to the guys row - took out his notepad (in a very obvious manner) and played a game of tic-tac-toe against himself. Of course, no one else knew that.

The SC definitely made eye contact with us and the aide, and was very aware that the aide was eying him. He didn't do or say anything - I kinda wish he did.

It was gratifying... because sometimes when you totally mess with someone's head, that can be better than actually doing something...

Oooh, gotta love good mind-fucking... *get your minds outta the gutter*
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Bwahahaha...good one!

Comment

Beautiful. Just beautiful.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Haha awesome move!!! Maybe that SC will think twice the next time he decides to be rude to someone just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth kirk2010 View Post
            and a very imposing utility belt.
            Like Batman! Just not the Adam West one. He's not very imposing.
            I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I give mad props to the police aide. He actually informed us of our rights and said we could have the man removed if we wanted to - but I wanted to screw with him instead...

He really played a good part and we fed him breakfast for his role

By the way, even though he refused to give us his student's contact info, I still had the student's name and was able to retrieve everything I will be sending a very nice email thanking them for their visit. His words were "I wont give you her email address."

You've got mail, buddy!

Comment

Working...
              X