This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may not be a terrorist, but you're annoying

Working at (government agency), we have strict rules about what we can and cannot say about ourselves. We cannot give life stories, cannot give out anecdotes, hell we can't give out our name (thank God).

The biggest no-no we have is telling people where we are. When asked, we give out the region. If they push us, we can give the state. Under no circumstances do we say city. This is to protect us from potential terrorists. (yes, I've been threatened before and you better believe I let the nice men in black know).

Had this:
    GNaT: Genuinely Not a Terrorist
    Me: Yours truly

Me: Thank you for calling (agency), My name is Nurian. How can I help you?
    GNaT: Where are you located?
    Me: (taken aback) I'm in the Midwest, Ma'am.
    GNaT: No, I mean the your city and state.
    Me: I'm sorry, Ma'am. Security prevents me from disclosing the city. I am in (state). What can I do for you?
    GNaT: You can tell me where you are.
    Me: Ma'am, I apologize, but as I've stated I cannot provide my exact location. (So frak off!) Do you have a question about (agency)?
    GNaT: Well, I don't think it's fair that you can't tell me where you are.
    Me: (duly noted) Well, Ma'am, what can I do for you?
    GNaT: I want to know where you are! I'm not a terrorist or anything!
    Me: (right....because no terrorist would EVER say that) Be that as it may, I still cannot provide my location. If you have no other questions, then I thank you for calling (agency).
    GNaT: (huff) Fine. Be that way.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Well that's certainly... odd. It'd seem more suspicious if it weren't so idiotic.

Comment

Maybe she's a stalker.. less scary then a terrorist, but still ew.
      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
        Considering the clientele, I'd demand a lifetime's supply of if that's true.

Comment

We cannot give life stories, cannot give out anecdotes
          sure you can... as long as it's not anything that would give away stuff that the bad guys could use. even blogs are allowed... as long as you don't give away pertinent info

but yeah, satisfying mr joe shmo curious... no.

Comment

How many times do you have to say no to this lady? Dumbass.
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Am I the only one curious for details from Nurian now?

It's like the preview but never getting to see the movie.
              If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I like that. Nurian: Man of Mystery!

Sounds better than Nurian: Man of Suck.

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
                  Considering two of my clients at work are <government agency #1> and <government agency #2> and I did in fact get a stalker from one of them that spiraled into a police case. He should hope otherwise. =p

We have no specific rules regarding our names, though we have very specific rules regarding the names of our client's, er...officials. We also don't disclose our own location though we can disclose the location of a public office branch ( as that information is in public domain anyhow. )

The big thing we have to watch for is threats. Any sort of threat on anyone or anything and I get to hit a button and yell "AGENTS. ARE. GO!"

I wonder if we're working with the same agency? ;p

Comment

Do you work with American agencies, GK?

Comment

What is it with people on the phone demanding to know where they've called and your first and last name.

I get this all the time at Flowers O Suck and will only tell them general area and first name. If they get snippy and demanding I tell them it's for my personal security that I don't give that information out because there are too many crazies running amok.l
                      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

My theory is that they want to make sure they're not talking to a machine.

Comment

l have had people insist I was a machine or a computer even though I tried to tell them I wasn't. Some folks!
                          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                            Do you work with American agencies, GK?
                            We have a ton of American clients, yes. We're global, baby =p

Comment

Christ Monkey on a Pogo-Stick! Why is everyone so desperate to know where I am??

ME: Thank you for calling (agency). This is Nurian. How can I help you?
                              Idjit: ARE YOU IN CALIFORNIA??!!!
                              ME: Uhh, no, Sir. Could you lower your voice, please?
                              Idjit: WELL, WHERE ARE YOU???
                              ME: I'm in the Midwest. Sir-
                              Idjit: I ASKED WHERE YOU WERE, NOT WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY!!
                              ME: I cannot give out my location, Sir.
                              Idjit: WELL WHY IN TARNATION NOT?
                              ME: Security, Sir.
                              Idjit: ARE YOU CALLING ME A TERRORIST??!!!
                              ME:

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                              We have a ton of American clients, yes. We're global, baby =p
                              Oh, God, Man. I have a base clientele of a limited portion of the populace. I couldn't fathom a world full of potential SC's.

Comment

Working...
                              X