This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did someone order a CS smackdown?

Ok, working in the customer service field naturally as much as I'd like to give some of the SC's I have to deal with a verbal lashing, I can't due to the fact I'd probably find myself without a job by the end of the week... Other not-so-sucky customers however are not under such limitations, as one showed today in a verbal smackdown of EPIC proportions on an SC on my bus.

Me = me
    SC = Sucky Customer
    NSSC = Not-so-sucky customer

SC = *boards my bus and slams down her fare onto the fare tray hard enough to make my entire ticket machine shake and simply stands there, not saying where she wishes to travel to*

Me = *waits a moment. then says very politely* Ok, two things. First of all, please treat the equipment on this bus with respect as I will have to charge you for any damage that may come to the equipment from your actions... secondly, where would you like to travel to, so that I may issue the appropriate ticket? *thinks "Do I have a sign on my forehead saying "Mind reader here!"?"*

SC = What business is it of yours where I am going to? *dirty look*

Me = Being a bus driver, taking you where you want to go IS our business, as that is our entire job, getting you where you want to go. I need to know your destination so I do not overcharge you by accident

SC = Oh. *another dirty look, then states how many stages she wishes to travel, then starts to stomp off down the bus*

NSSC = *stops SC* Ok, I don't know if you've had a bad day at work or something, but you have NO RIGHT to take it out on the kind driver that is just trying to do his job and make your journey as comfortable as possible, I SERIOUSLY recommend you stop being such a stuck up, self-righteous BITCH and go give the driver the apology he so rightly deserves after having to deal with someone like you!

SC = *death-glares at NSSC, but has the decency to apologise for her rude attitude*

NSSC = *addressing me* Please excuse my language, but she pretty much deserved it after acting the way she did

Me = *very quietly so only NSSC can hear* Do you see me complaining? >_>
    Violets are blue,
    Roses are red,
    I bequeath to thee...
    A boot to the head >_>

NSSC: Epic win.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Awesome. Just awesome. I wish there were more people around like that.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
        Awesome. Just awesome. I wish there were more people around like that.
        Indeed. I honestly think 9 out of 10 SCs are the way they are because they don't expect anyone to call them on their bullshit. Typically speaking they're usually berating a drone that isn't allowed to talk back followed by a manager that just gives them whatever they want to make them go away.

If they actually had to worry about the general public stepping in and telling them to their face what sad, miserable human beings they were I bet you'd see a lot of them start quieting down a bit.

Comment

Absolutely what Gravekeeper said.

As soon as I've put some people in their place (as politely as I could at work, without getting fired), they shut their traps fairly quickly.

I'm sure most SC's are people that hate their lives/jobs and can't wait to go make another human being's life a little harder, but they're cowards, so they do it to people in the service industry, who can't afford to lose their jobs.

Sad, really.

Comment

I third GK statements.

NSSC for the win.

Comment

I hated my job at hellvista.

But I still didn't take it out on some poor schmuck running a register. >.>

No excuse for the SCs! I'd love to pwn one, some day.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I think in any job when the verbal abusing begns, game over. I don't think we should haveta take it up the tail pipe. We should be able to kick them out for tell them to take down the attitude or else. Nobody gets paid enough to be abused.

Comment

Good for that other customer for letting that rotten CUNT have it!
                  Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
                  mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Man! we have very little bus service, but the bus drivers who serve are so nice! Go NSSC!

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                      Nobody gets paid enough to be abused.
                      No, they don't. But it still happens all day, every day.
                      In my narcissistic dreams, I become famous for leading the service people of the world in their fight against the indignity that is the service industry. Things change, people's lives improve.
                      Ah, dreams.
                      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Someday it is my dream to do that to an SC, but my mouth is always about 2-minutes behind my brain, and a really good scathing comeback takes about 3-minutes average!
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Well, time for a follow-up from the original post.

Had the same woman hop on my bus again today, only this time around, the SC was... well... not so sucky.

I'm willing to assume she must have been a bad day since she was quite polite and apologised again for taking out her temper on me when I was just trying to do my job, and simply said to her "It's quite alright, everyone has a bad day now and again...", despite the fact that I WAS a bit miffed originally by her attitude, though her verbal-smackdown by the other NSSC did lighten my mood a bit.

Then again she also could have just taken the smackdown she received by the NSSC yesterday to heart and realised that she acted badly.
                          Violets are blue,
                          Roses are red,
                          I bequeath to thee...
                          A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                            Indeed. I honestly think 9 out of 10 SCs are the way they are because they don't expect anyone to call them on their bullshit. Typically speaking they're usually berating a drone that isn't allowed to talk back followed by a manager that just gives them whatever they want to make them go away.

If they actually had to worry about the general public stepping in and telling them to their face what sad, miserable human beings they were I bet you'd see a lot of them start quieting down a bit.
                            A-freaking-MEN to that!

And the NSSC in the original post:
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                              Then again she also could have just taken the smackdown she received by the NSSC yesterday to heart and realised that she acted badly.
                              Either way, hopefully she will be one of your more pleasant fares in the future, so you can tell when a bad day is a bad day and let it roll off.
                              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
                              X