This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm responsible for your bike being stolen? >_<

I work in a tiny village pharmacy and today a lady comes in with two children aged around 7 - 8. The children come in with those scooters that were all the rage a few years ago and the mother says to them 'No no leave those outside'. I call over to her that it really is no problem for the children to bring them in pointing out that it's halloween and there's alot of troublemakers out there. Our village sadly has alot of delinquent kids. The lady just waves her arms and says she only needs tissues so I leave it at that. She makes her purchase, leaves and not 30 seconds pass before she's straight back in and yep the scooters are gone. She immediatly starts yelling that the scooters are gone. She's not being aggressive and is more yelling in shock really. I just shrug and say I'm sorry but I did say there's bad kids out tonight. She stands in the shop looking around lost then says to me the following

HER: ok...ok well if anyone hands it in please keep it and I'll come by in the morning

ME: I'm sorry but I doubt that will happen.

HER: I know, I know but my kids are upset and I'm trying to make them feel better

You told them to leave the scooters out there?

I really thought she was going to go off big style but she didn't.

That didn't sound like she was trying to lay the blame on you, just trying to come up with a way to soothe her kids since they just had their toys stolen.

And a pox on the little twerps that stole them in the first place!

Comment

Maybe it would sound more like it if I wrote out the whole conversation. She repeatedly returned to the till saying the bikes were gone and who had taken them?, she kept looking at me like I was meant to do something for her. Even my boss came out and said we can't be responsible for items outside the store.

Comment

Working...
      X