This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really you can't wait 2 minutes.

I was checking someone in and the whole time he was eating a cheese burger. He came up to the desk unwrapped it and just ate it while I was trying to check him in. He just had to have it then and there noway he could have waited till we were done.
    WTF
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-01-2009, 03:42 PM. Reason: fixed the title for you

You know, I gotta think that wasn't the best way to eat a cheeseburger. Standing at the desk, trying to answer any questions? Guy was a tool.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

was he a lolcat?

/sorry
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Cheeseburger Monitor Plushie!

But back on topic... eat the burger first if you're that hungry!
        then talk

Comment

Eating a burger at the desk.

That's really not that big of a deal like if the guy was a diabetic and his blood sugar levels were low, then he would need to eat soon or he would pass out. my dad has type 2. he never did anything like this but if the guy forgot or something then it might have been serious.

Comment

Wow, how rude can you get! That's right up there with some idiot chatting on their cell phone while you're trying to help them!

I'm sure if it had been YOU munching away on a burger while checking him in, he would have had something to say about that.
            "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
            ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Eddyisme View Post
              That's really not that big of a deal like if the guy was a diabetic and his blood sugar levels were low, then he would need to eat soon or he would pass out. my dad has type 2. he never did anything like this but if the guy forgot or something then it might have been serious.

I thought of that as well, but I agree the guy should have either eaten the burger first or waited until he was done checking in. I am all for multi-tasking, but that goes just a little too far.
              Tamezin

Comment

Self-awareness isn't a common trait anymore, if it ever was.

If people could see themselves once in a while, the world would be a better place. "Holy shit! Look at me chomping down on that greasy burger in that clerk's face! Geez, I should have waited the minute or two and not looked like a complete jackass."
                Pipe dreams, I know.
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Therein lies the problem. In recent years, people have completely quit caring what they look like and how they appear to others. And I don't mean in a good way, for example, when you quit worrying if everyone thinks you're ugly or whatever have you.....I'm talking about people have completely quit caring if they look like a gluttonus pig, a huge bitch/asshole, a psychotic nut, etc.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I am diabetic but I still wouldn't eat a burger while trying to check in at a hotel. If I needed to eat that badly because of low blood sugar I would eat it in my car before I came in. Or, most hotels have chairs/couches in the lobby area, I would sit down there and eat my burger before checking in.

Comment

It's akin to people speaking on their mobile phones as they check in. There seems to be very little respect or common good manners left these days. The person serving cannot eat or use their mobile phone which is good manners, therefore teh customer should also display good manners.
                      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        was he a lolcat?

/sorry
                        I wish that would have made my day.

Comment

What happened to the old days of "bring enough to share with the class"?

Comment

your right

Quoth tamezin View Post
                            I thought of that as well, but I agree the guy should have either eaten the burger first or waited until he was done checking in. I am all for multi-tasking, but that goes just a little too far.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            you make a good point, he's probably just an ass. like almost all SC.

Comment

Working...
                            X