This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Welcome to Hell

I was in the middle of typing this when my 2 year old son turned the computer off, little rat

This happened last night, they were doing upgrades on the registers so only 4 out of 15 were working and the Eftpos was down, you could still use your card but you couldn't spend over $200 because it wouldn't process, you couldn't get cash back and it took about 3 mins for the card to go through and of course no one had cash on them.

The players for the night were

T (Shift supervisor, awesome lady but new, her first shift as a supervisor.
    SC (Pretty obvious)
    Me (Who am I and why am I here)

No, You Can't

I was serving a customer on one of the registers that hadn't thrown a hissy fit whe T came up to tell me that I couldn't give cash back, my customers was looking at T the whole time as she was saying this, I finished scanning, she used her card and said.

SC "So can I get cash back?"
    Me "No"

Did you not hear what T just said? Did you think things had changed in 30 seconds? Sure you can get you cash she just said that for shits and giggles, you dumbarse.

Next sc was whining about the $200 limit for cards

SC "This is STUPID, I want to get all my groceries.
    ME " You can split them up and do two separate transactions if you like (note we don't charge for using your card)
    SC " But I don't want to use my card twice I want it all on one transaction.
    ME (And I want a hot male stripper to give me a lap dance but that ain't gonna happen is it) "I'm sorry, it won't work, your card will decline"
    SC "This is unacceptable, I'm going to competitor, i'm never shopping here again"
    ME

Problem was she dumped her overflowing trolley at my register and stomped off in a huff.

At the end of the night there was 6 massive trolley loads that had to be put back on the shelf because customers cards were declining, the technicians shut down the registers before we could spot balance the and take out the drawers, T was in the middle of balancing it when it shut down on her.

I went in to shop today and there is still problems, the specials aren't scanning and we have to ask customers it any of their items are on special (let the scamming begin)

Sad thing is I have to work tonight so I hope things are sorted when I get in.
    I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Ahh, glad are mine are past 2. (12, 8 and 4.) If you think the 2's are terrible, wait for 3's. My kids all wore a t-shirt that said; "Warning! I am Two." (Had one for 3 too.)

God makes all kids cute, some days it's the only thing that keeps you from ripping their little heads off their little necks. :-)
    If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
    --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Quoth Supermarket Slave Girl View Post
      Next sc was whining about the $200 limit for cards

SC "This is STUPID, I want to get all my groceries.
      ME " You can split them up and do two separate transactions if you like (note we don't charge for using your card)
      SC " But I don't want to use my card twice I want it all on one transaction.
      ME (And I want a hot male stripper to give me a lap dance but that ain't gonna happen is it) "I'm sorry, it won't work, your card will decline"
      SC "This is unacceptable, I'm going to competitor, i'm never shopping here again"
      ME

Problem was she dumped her overflowing trolley at my register and stomped off in a huff.

I don't know why, but that one REALLY gets to me. Honestly lady, what's the big issue? You'd rather dump $200+ worth of food on a poor cashier that has no control over the system than swipe your card twice? God forbid.
      It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
      The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

Quoth sixums View Post
        Honestly lady, what's the big issue? You'd rather dump $200+ worth of food on a poor cashier that has no control over the system than swipe your card twice? God forbid.
        I have 2 words for you: entitlement whore
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
          I have 2 words for you: entitlement whore
          I haven't been in the working world long enough to become numb to it.
          It's like the people in Vegas who have sex in video-monitored elevators.. -MoxisPilot
          The elevators are monitored?!!! OH CRAP!!! -Sheldonrs

Comment

Quoth sixums View Post
            I haven't been in the working world long enough to become numb to it.
            There there my dear, it just takes time. Pretty soon you'll be bitter and jaded like the rest of us.
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth QASlave View Post
              God makes all kids cute, some days it's the only thing that keeps you from ripping their little heads off their little necks. :-)
              Sounds like what I say--kids are cute and look like you because your hands fit perfectly around their necks.

As far as "I'm never shopping here again," I believe the two correct responses are:

"Can I get that in writing?" or "See you next week."
              Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=Supermarket Slave Girl;515198
                ME (And I want a hot male stripper to give me a lap dance but that ain't gonna happen is it).[/QUOTE]

I so am going to find a way to use that line with one of our entitlement whore SCs
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                X