Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't People Wait Two Freaking Minutes?

Miss I-Need-It-Now in this thread:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=43709

Reminded me about two special gems I dealt with this week

Mark got a phone call from a new dealer yesterday. He said, "I sent you an email over TWO MINUTES AGO and I haven't received a reply."

If he's that impatient I don't think he'll enjoy doing business with us. We're closed nights, weekends and holidays. Two minute email replies ain't going to happen when nobody's working.

The other one was mine. I moderate our user forum. One of the users was looking for certain materials. Another user was nice enough to post a link to another company's web site where she could buy those materials.

Apparently she had another question for the person who helped her.

To her credit she emailed him privately to ask her question.

Apparently she didn't hear back as fast as she expected so what did she do?

Send him another email with read receipt? Nope.

Decide to give him more time to answer since it had only been five hours? Uh uh.

She posted this in the public forum:

"[name], did you get a message from me off list?"

Not once, but twice!

And since our forum is a listserv and has 300+ subscribers, 300 people had that nag message in their inboxes. Twice!
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

You're lucky you didn't get:

20 replies of "No I didn't, what message?"

12 Followups to those of "Whoops sorry, that wasn't for me, was it?"

37 people saying "Don't hit Reply All".

and 3 people posting "I don't want to receive all these messages, please unsubscribe me".

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
      You're lucky you didn't get:

20 replies of "No I didn't, what message?"

12 Followups to those of "Whoops sorry, that wasn't for me, was it?"

37 people saying "Don't hit Reply All".

and 3 people posting "I don't want to receive all these messages, please unsubscribe me".

I have. But not this time, thank goodness.

We have an administrivia check that rejects any post with the word "unsubscribe" in it. Of course some users are clever enough to figure out how to substitute the word "remove" to get around the check, but not clever enough to read the unsub instructions that are in the footer of every post.

One particularly rude fellow, who kept badgering the list AFTER some other members nicely advised him on how to unsub, got special treatment.

I put him on modpost so he kept getting messages, some of which mentioned what an idiot he was (I put a stop to that, of course; we don't allow personal attacks after all ), but he couldn't post any replies to the list unless I approved them.

If he had posted anything I COULD approve, I would have. That didn't happen.

And, if he didn't like it, he was welcome to unsub himself or contact me privately for help unsubbing, as outlined in the instructions and advice from other members he couldn't be bothered following. That also didn't happen.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
      X