X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hey! This is employees only! Get your dirty hands out!"

The Cookie dinner people

I only really call them the "Cookie Dinner" people because the first person who did this said "And I'll have a cookie dinner" and then while I ran his credit card through, he reached to teh cookie display case and started to thumb around for his own cookies.
    Several other people thought oyu were supposed to do that...Uh, NO! You're violating a health code because
    a) Your hands are dirty. You are NOT gonna eat that cookie you just groped with your hand that for all I know was up your nose 5 minutes ago!
    b) DON'T GROPE FOR COOKIES WHILE HOLDING YOUR CHANGE!!! There is a strict policy that states whenever you handle money in food-service, you HAVE to wash your hands before even TOUCHING food. There are trace amounts of dope on that money as well as god-knows-what-kinds of bacteria and viruses!
    c) It is annoying. That is what there is a person standing right in front of the wrapping paper is also there for.
    d) YOU HAVE A BLOODY BAND-AID ON!!! DON'T HANDLE FOOD WITH THAT ON!!! Do you wanna spread something?

The self-servers
    Dude, this is not self-serve. What are you doing behind the counter pouring your own coffee? You have not washed your hands and you might burn yourself!

I just need your microwave!
    ....we are in the basement of a student centre...THERE ARE TWO MICROWAVES RIGHT THERE!!! we're busy with our microwave and if you don't want to wait in line there's another one in the convenience lobby but I'm sure they would LOVE it if you used that one.

But that's a debit!
    This one's okay, since this happens about once and then they get the lesson. Okay so we have a little system that allows you to put money on your student ID card and use it as a debit. Except that some freshmen (Or sophomores or returning students who never used them before) keep thinking they can use it as a credit card. No you cannot, $4.98 will not pay for a $5.34 purchase! No you can't pay it back later you need to get cash at least.
    (We also have a system where you can combine it with a Visa card, which may also confuse people)
    Kangaroo Squee!

Our school has that same system on the IDs, where you can load something called RAM Cash onto the card and use your ID to pay for stuff on campus, like laundry, the bookstore, coffee, commuter caf, etc. There's some off-campus merchants that let you use the ID there too, which is pretty nice.

What bites is some people don't get the difference between the RAM Cash and Dining Dollars, which are flex points only resident students with a flex meal plan get on their ID: for example, I have a 19-meal Flex plan with $100 in Dining Dollars for emergency coffee rushes, or if I'm up late studying and want a snack from the commuter caf. I can't bvegin to count how many times I've caught someone in the bookstore trying to buy stuff with Dining Dollars.

Comment

Working...
    X