Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with the she's lucky to have gotten ANY cake after those comments.
    1) Its free
    2) Its what you ASKED for
    3) Its free

Comment

Cake senses tingling!

Yes. I have predicted the appearance of cake several days in advance before.

Quoth Cookiesaur View Post
      I just feel bad, you know. I mean, the cake she DID get was delicious, but the cake I kept was even better. Everyone knows the tears of a bride are the best spice of all.
      I'm thinking Cartman here. Heh.
      Bark like a chicken!

Comment

The only thing I can think of that would've made that better would've been to set fire to it in front of her, and I bet cake doesn't burn very well.

God that was beautiful, Cookiesaur. Beautiful.
        "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

So how do we nominate a story to join the ranks of the War Stories? This one has my nomination. Pure classic.
          Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quoth LingualMonkey View Post
            So how do we nominate a story to join the ranks of the War Stories?
            PM a moderator.
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

See, this is why you should support gay marriage. NO BRIDES. Well, or two brides, but they'll probably just cancel out.

Comment

My fiance agrees with you on the brides and cakes. When he was working as an Assistant Pastry Chef many moons ago, they had this one bride come in and change her cake design at least six times. All within a week of the wedding. And we're talking complete overhauls, they couldn't keep anything from the previous designs, not even the cake flavor. The chefs finally got pissed off enough that they decided that revenge is a dessert best served...salty. They changed the sugar content to a salt content instead.

Best way to go about it? Probably not. But, damn, did they feel justified.

Comment

so I have to know-

Was the raccoon happi with his slice of cake?
                  Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

How generous of you! I'd have made the fee 75 or 100%. Maybe even more. Nobody insults my cooking and gets away with it, however accurate it might be, especially not when I'm doing this as a favour!

I applaud your actions, and laugh hysterically at Bridezilla!
                    "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

The raccoon did not, in fact, appreciate his (or her?) cake; maybe it was too sweet. I left it a raw egg instead, which was accepted. I'd be offended, but what the hell does a raccoon know about moist cake anyway? Watched me suspiciously from the edge of the yard. I'll take the fact that he hasn't given me rabies yet as a sign of gratitude, though.
                      Personally, I find cleavage very helpful. In a crime-fighting sense.

Comment

If you have mockingbirds in the neighborhood they will appreciate the cake properly. They love baked goods.
                        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Dang! I want some cake now! Frosting-y goodness....mmmmm... Anyways, you are much too generous with giving her any of the cake. I would have gone with the "don't like it, I'm not giving it to you. So there. Now out. out you go."

My mom had a pretty cake at her reception(about 3 mos after wedding). White and purple 3-tier cake with Precious moments figures on top. And it was tasty too. Had 3 pieces.
                          "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

So how do we nominate a story to join the ranks of the War Stories? This one has my nomination. Pure classic.
                            See the report button in the top right? Hover your mouse over the buttons till you find the one with the 'report' tooltip.

Report lets you leave a message explaining what you're reporting it for. It doesn't have to be for bad stuff.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

So how do we nominate a story to join the ranks of the War Stories?
                              Quoth Primer View Post
                              PM a moderator.
                              Quoth Seshat View Post
                              See the report button in the top right? Hover your mouse over the buttons till you find the one with the 'report' tooltip.

Report lets you leave a message explaining what you're reporting it for. It doesn't have to be for bad stuff.
                              Either/or. The important part is explain exactly why you think it's such a special story. Read over the criteria laid out in the War Stories forum. If you don't say why, we won't consider it. After all, you can't be bothered, why should we?
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

This story is a classic!

I would have kept 50% of the cake for myself, and then shoved the remaining tiers in her face!

Maybe that would be taking it too far...

Comment

Working...
                                X