Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The phonetic alphabet really isn't that tough.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to disappoint Slytovhand, but some of us down here in Australasia DO use the NATO phonetic alphabet. We're quite aware of what NATO stands for, thank you, but our interactions with British and US groups do tend to work better when everyone's speaking the same standard, so yes, at least here in NZ, we use NATO even though that particular ocean is some distance away.

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
      *starts singing* A...B...C...D......W...T....F?

Sorry.XD

Seriously, the alphabet's not that hard. Phonetics aren't that hard either. But apparently putting the two together causes a brain meltdown.
      Exactly, but I got something that'll refresh their memories...and then some.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42750
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

The biggest problem I've run into is no one knows what Foxtrot is.

"F as in Foxtrot"
        "Uh... S?"

Comment

Beats my usual quick-reaction word...

"F for Funny?"

What, as opposed to S for Sunny? Doesn't really help.

Comment

One-Fang... all sad now I'm disappointed

Anyway, I was more meaning about the term "NATO" (rather than using any other term), not the actual phonetic itself. Cos it's the one I use...
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
              Beats my usual quick-reaction word...

"F for Funny?"

What, as opposed to S for Sunny? Doesn't really help.
              Try Falcon. It seems to work for me when calling in a serial number for work, but I work with phone reps who are on the ball.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
              X