This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a new one... (kinda long)

This guy calls. Says he made a delivery order 1 1/2 hours ago. I look for said order, ask my crew if they know anything, (it was a weeknight. Crew consists of me, driver, and 1 extra person) noone knows anything.
    Tell the guy this, and I ask if maybe he called the wrong store the first time. The order was to the best budget inn, and almost every neighboring town has one. Easy mistake. Guy seems a little put-off, but makes his order.
    It was slow that night, and the motel was about 4 blocks from the store. Took roughly 20 min for the order to be made, and delivered.

Guy calls back little after pizza is gone. He was a litte incoherent at times. He says driver was rude, left with the pizza after he tipped her, he's pissed, wants free pizza etc.
    Says it took an hour since he called (no.).
    I see my driver come in just then, put guy on hold, ask her what's up.

She says she saw "baggies" laying around, and the guy hurried up and picked them up after he opened the door. was rude to her, and obviously plastered and then some. Guy tries to pay with a lowes gift card. I''ll say that again. GUY TRIES TO PAY WITH A LOWES GIFT CARD . She gives up, and leaves with pizza. She claims he never gave her money.
    I told the guy that that's not a valid form of payment. He insists he should get it for free because he had to wait for 3 hours (notice the time increase?). Says that even if he called the wrong store, they would have called us and told us to deliver it to the right place (WTF?). And that he shouldn't have to pay for anything.

He wasn't nice about this, of course. The cursing was running rampant, I had to hold the phone away from my ear, he was screaming so loud. I refused to send any pizza to him. Refuse him service. There is no way in hell I'm sending a driver back out to this nutjob.
    He asks to speak to a manager. (and I loved this part, just a little) I told him I was the manager. (I should also add that I thought it was strange he thought that anyone but management would be handling this, at this point)
    He asks to speak to my superior. I tell him I'm the highest manager here tonight (loving it even more).

He asks for owners home phone number. I refuse. I tell Him that I will not deliver to him, ever. He calls me rude and unprofessional. I tell him if he wants to take this further, that he could talk to my boss tomorrow morning. Tell him goodbye.

Never heard from him, since.

Weird people n this town.
    Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Quoth saint View Post
    She says she saw "baggies" laying around, and the guy hurried up and picked them up after he opened the door. was rude to her, and obviously plastered and then some. Guy tries to pay with a lowes gift card. I''ll say that again. GUY TRIES TO PAY WITH A LOWES GIFT CARD . She gives up, and leaves with pizza. She claims he never gave her money.

<snip>

He asks for owners home phone number. I refuse. I tell Him that I will not deliver to him, ever. He calls me rude and unprofessional. I tell him if he wants to take this further, that he could talk to my boss tomorrow morning. Tell him goodbye.
    Duuuuuuuude.... bummer, man, no pizza. But if you hurry, you can get outta there before the cops show up....

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
      Duuuuuuuude.... bummer, man, no pizza. But if you hurry, you can get outta there before the cops show up....
      I don't understand why you wouldn't accept the Lowes gift card!!!! LOL

Comment

^ Well, yeah, for one thing, he tried to pay with a gift card - then he wants a free pizza? Dude didn't even pay for the pizza in the first place, how could he expect a free pizza when he didn't he pay for the first one? That's some messed up thinkin' that guy had.
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I've gotten gift cards in the tip jar in the past, it's rather nice seeing as a normal tip is zero to three dollars, and the gift cards are usually worth ten or so. It's like the tips written on the credit card slips, it doesn't seem like real money so they give more. Same again with strange currency, half dollars and gold dollars don't seem like real money, so they're ready to part with it. The bank thinks it's real money, though.

Another strange thing that ends up in the tip jar is stamps, which is useful. Like a gift card for the U.S.P.S.

Though gift cards, not a valid form of payment.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I think the guys' line of thought was something like:

Ï have no money. I'll call and complain about an order I never made, and they will give me free food."

then:
            "oops. They didn't go for that. maybe that gift card..."

"well, that didn't work. I'll threaten everyone, make an ass of myself, the maybe I'll get if free."

"They'll never deliver here again? I don't understand WAAAHHHH"
            Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

I don't know about this guy, but I was raised to believe "No money, no pizza".
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                Same again with strange currency, half dollars and gold dollars don't seem like real money, so they're ready to part with it. The bank thinks it's real money, though.
                I want to live in a country where that happens!
                I think, therefore I am. But I am micromanaged, therefore I am not.

Comment

Working...
                X