This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's ridiculous!!!!11! Part 1,244,221

Had a "gentleman" come through the register today (lucky me.....first guy to come through while i was covering the cashier's dinner break) nearly throw a fit over the cost of sending two faxes.

He had to entirely separate faxes, both to in-state numbers. Therefore, he got charged $1.25 for each first page, plus $1 for each additional page. Between the two faxes he owed $8.50 plus tax. He'd also bought ink and paper, so his grand total was $50.90.

SC: Why is it $50.90?!?!

Me: Well, your ink was $35, the paper was $5, and you had two entirely separate faxes, so it's *repeats above explaination* plus tax.

SC *in highly condescending and rude tone*: You're charging me $10 to send A fax to *not as local as he thinks town*??????

Me: No, you're being charged only $8.50 total for TWO faxes.

SC: Well that's almost $10

(But it's still not $10).

Me: Regardless, sir, your total is $50.90.

*SC forks over two $50 bills. Great *

SC: That's ridiculous!

Me:.................*ignore*............

SC: I could have sent these from the office for FREE, but I was in a hurry!!!!!

Me:.........*continuing to ignore him as I count out his change*......

SC: I mean....that's RIDICULOUS!!!

(Yeah, I got that the first time).

Me: Sir, the prices are clearly posted at the fax machine.

SC: But it's RIDICULOUS!!!!

Me *handing over change*: 51, 2, 3, 4, 5, 60, 80, 100.....have a nice day.

SC *mumbling to himself* Ridiculous......

If you are in too much of a hurry to be able to send these from your office, well that's just too fucking bad. Maybe you should have thought of that before sending the faxes, hmmm?

SO, for the second time in one shift, let's all say it together:

FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART!!!!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 03-13-2009, 03:57 AM. Reason: typos
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982
    SC: BUt it's RIDICULOUS!!!!
    Me: No sir. You're RIDICULOUS!!!

Seriously, do people never glance at a dictionary? They can be surprisingly informative. But, wait that does involve a working brain...
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Quoth Dave1982
      Me: No, you're being charged only $8.50 total for TWO faxes.

SC: Well that's almost $10

(But it's still not $10).

Me: Regardless, sir, your total is $50.90.

*SC forks over two $50 bills. Great *

Then do your faxing from your office, toolbox.

Some people....
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
        Me: No sir. You're RIDICULOUS!!!

Seriously, do people never glance at a dictionary?
        "Sir, I do not think that word means what you think it means!"
        <shameless PB quote>
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

That's why I always spell out the price for faxing before I send anything out. Most people are good with the price, but some scoff and leave.

Reminds me of one SC, though... Wants to send a fax, I ask him if the number is the one that he wrote on the top of the page ("Is this the number?" "Yes."), then send it out, get the confirmation sheet... he looks at it and says it's the wrong number. So I send it again (to a number that he had on a piece of paper in his pocket), get the corfirmation sheet...

... and charge him for both faxes.

He almost flips.

I tel him "Hey, I asked you before I sent it if that was the number and you said 'Yes', so it's your fault, not mine!"

That kind of stunned him, so he paid without a word and left, grumbling that "he'd never come back..."

Good news: he hasn't. I count that as a small victory.
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post

Me:.........*continuing to ignore him as I count out his change*......

SC: I mean....that's RIDICULOUS!!!
            Seriously, wtf do they expect you to say? I love ignoring snarling customers when they're carrying on about the price of the airline ticket that they're calling me to buy. Christ, it's not like *I* called *you* during Sunday services and forced you to purchase this $700 airline ticket!

First, I offer to check an alternate airport or connecting flights. If they decline but continue to whine about the prices, I simply ignore them and repeat parts of my spiel. Eventually they get so pissed off they hurry through the rest of the convo, and my call stats go up.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
              "Sir, I do not think that word means what you think it means!"
              <shameless PB quote>
              You beat me to it

Comment

Geeze what an ass! The prices for you fax is not unreasonable. Course we do $1 (plus tax) for every page, unless it's international. But I rarely have an international fax. So if it's free at your work...why not fax it while at work? It's free, take advantage of that! Why's that so hard. *looks at website title* Oh yeah.... I forgot where I was....

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                  FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART!!!!
                  I think there needs to be a Customer Service Corollary to this:

"Failure to plan on your part does not justify a discount on my part."

Because, let's face it, that's what he was fishing for.
                  Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Working...
                  X