This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dance at you Sir!

I own a full service gasstation/convenience store and we get very busy, so I was out working, we were pretty swamped with customers, most of whom recognized that we were busy. We generally serve people in the order that they pullup to the pumps, but sometimes we don't especially when we are busy. I'm busy serving this one customer when a taxi driver comes up complaining that he was here first and that I served other customers before him.

SC: From India, heavy accent but understandable english, race has nothing to do with this, but some of his behavior might be cultural.

Me: Overworked, tired and ran in circles all day long

I am busy serving a customer. I was in a good mood (partially because I am raking in a bloody fortune when it is busy like this)

SC: Hey, I was here first and you are serving other people before me while I am waiting, i am in a hurry (or to this effect)

Me: Sorry about that I will serve you next.

SC: I was here first and you are just ignoring me.

Me: Sorry, I didn't see you pull in I will be right there after I complete this transaction (as I am holding the other customer's credit card and it is being processed, I can't really walk away)

SC: gets more and more upset at this "I was here first and you are serving others before me, I am going to call you manager and complain about you"

Me: I am sorry you had to wait, I can serve you know if you like.

SC: No I am going to call your manager, I will talk to him.

Me: Well, I am sorry, when it's busy like this we sometimes miss who came in first, but we can serve you right now if you like"

SC: NO I call your manager.

ME: (thinking alright, have fun with that, I suspect that telling him I am the manager won't help and being too busy to deal with it since he is leaving anyways, move onto the next cutomer, ironically a Taxi cab from the same company as the SC, who sat there in his car listening and watching the whole exchange with quiet ammusment.

SC: I call your manager and tell him you ignored me and serve others first and were rude.

Me: (aside from the customer I am serving) I already know, thank you, you can call me later then.

SC: NO I call your manager I tell him balh blah blah. this goes on long enough to be annoying, not just to me but I have too many customers to deal with as it is without having someone blab at me while I am working like this.

Me: Look I said I am sorry, I'll be happy to serve you now if you like, but otherwise I'm already aware of the issue.

SC: NO I Call Your Manager and Tell Him. blah blah blah.

ME: I know, and I said I am sorry.

SC No I am calling you manager, blah blah blah.

-we repeat this several times.

Me: Sorry, I am the owner, my manager isn't in today, but I don't think talking to him will help you, I'm sorry we didn't get you right away but we are somewhat busy atm, if you don't want to be served now I am going to have to ask you to get out of the way of the other customers.

SC: You are the owner, and you do this? I spit at you sir. (he then spits on the ground, he does this each time he says it,)

Me, raising an eyebrow and somewhat taken aback by not only how upset he is getting, but at the suprising formality of the whole "I spit at you sir" which I asume is a dire insult in his culture, but I'm not sure, it seems like a big insult in any culture though, but a rather archaic one

SC: I spit at you sir

Me: Look I am busy, sorry your upset but have a nice day pal.

SC: I spit at you sir! I spit at people like you!

Me: (I start to snap at this sort of abuse, but somewhat amused I resort to a similair formality) Sir are you calling me out?

SC: What?

ME: Are you calling me out sir, you say you spit at me, i am assuming you wish to fight me?

SC: No, I just spit at you sir. (he spits at the ground each time)

I snap at this point, and unfortunately for this poor individual I am in a good mood, but he has earned my wrath and I am considering what exactly I should do with him, the list goes down, barrage of insults, beat up, set on fire, mmmmm I choose -mind F***ing mockery- for the win.

Me: Well I Dance at people like you.

SC: What

Me: Shouting loader then he had, I Dance at you sir!!!

- I procede to dance a little jig in front of him.

SC: ... (taken somewhat aback)

Me: I Dance at you sir! (lifting my hat in the air as I start into the scooby dance)

SC: starts walking back to his car in a hurry, I procede to get in front of him.

ME: I said I Dance at you Sir! I dance a jig at you Sir! (I do a little spin and toss my hat in the air and catch it) "I Dance at you sir! Olay!

SC: proceded to get into car and roll the windows up as I dance a little jig outside his door, terrified look in his eyes, (sorta the look at someone who is trying to get away from a crazy guy)

Me: I dance at you sir! I Dance at you! (while he drives off)

After he drives off I calmlt walk back, return to the taxi who is still filling and complete the sale, acting like nothing at all happened. After I hand the customer back his receipt he says "That was f**ing briliant" and drives off laughing.

Oh my god that was awesome. *Tips my hat to you* Fabulous.

Comment

Mr. Customer: Lord of the Dance

I have to remember this for the future.
      "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

effing hilarious
        To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
        my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

*giggles* I LOVE IT!

Comment

I was having a really crappy day... until I read your post. Thank you for making my day. I would have paid to see the look on that taxi cab driver's face when you started dancing.

Comment

Quoth Mr.Customer View Post
              ME: I said I Dance at you Sir! I dance a jig at you Sir! (I do a little spin and toss my hat in the air and catch it) "I Dance at you sir! Olay!
              YOU ARE FULL OF WIN!

Who had the boogy smiley?
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

You sir are my hero!!!!! Perfect comeback! Brilliant, simply brilliant!

Quoth Trayol View Post
                Mr. Customer: Lord of the Dance

I have to remember this for the future.
                Oh me too! I love it!

Comment

Oh the possibilities for a Monty Python re-enactment

"Now go 'way before I taunt you a second time-uh"
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

This... this is BRILLIANT!!

I am in awe!

Comment

That was BRILLIANT!!. I'm now going to think of a way to get 'I Dance at you Sir' into a conversation somehow.

Comment

That is freaking classic. I'm imagining something kinda like Michigan J. Frog. "Hello mah babeeee, Hello mah honeeeey!"

Comment

Quoth mandaliz8704 View Post
                          That is freaking classic. I'm imagining something kinda like Michigan J. Frog. "Hello mah babeeee, Hello mah honeeeey!"
                          Hello mah ragdoll gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Why does this entire scene sound like it belongs from the TV show M*A*S*H, and a certain cross-dressing section-8 bucking corporal?

Great either you or the SC was nuts. Now I have to figure out which one
                            Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

What would you have done if he'd danced back at you? Don't you watch south park? It could have been "ON" then you'd have to get the old crew back together and have a full on dance competition at the rec center.

Comment

Working...
                              X