Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm not ever shopping here again" really means "I'll be here next week anyway"

This one lady a few weeks ago went crazy about some rule we have where if your coupon + store card savings reach half your total then we stop doubling coupons. She kept arguing it didn't include store card savings but it does. She got really pissed and left after a lot of arguing, and said she wouldn't be back.

Who do I see today in the lane in front of me?

Apparently she comes in like every week. She seemed to pass through without any trouble though.

Then this other lady didn't seem to understand that you can't use someone else's store card (which is linked to an ID) to write a check. It also doesn't help that the bill was $170 and the card she was using was a new account that you can't write checks over $150. The supervisor who I asked didn't let her write the check, and she angrily declared that she would pay with a credit card and would not be shopping here again. I'm sure I'll see her again. The supervisor also told me she's seen them in here before and did let them use a check after an argument but only this one time, so there you go. Only one time.

And apparently she went through the same thing before despite the woman saying she'd "never had any trouble before". Yeah. That's what they all say.

My new favorite customers are a growing breed. They are the ones who find a lane with a light on with no cashier (usually when it's quiet and the cashier is bagging somewhere or went to do something). Then they just stand in line and wait. I love seeing people do this. The next time I'm at an airport I'm gonna go find an empty plane, sneak in, and hope someone appears to fly it to my destination.

Quoth joetheman View Post
    They are the ones who find a lane with a light on with no cashier (usually when it's quiet and the cashier is bagging somewhere or went to do something).
    Actually, I agree with the customer on this one. If the light is on, it means the lane is open.

If the cashier is bagging, they should keep an eye on their lane, and if they've gone off to do something, they should turn their light off.

One of my co-irkers has a trick whereby when it's slow he goes off to 'bag' for one of the cashiers at the far end of the store, where he can't see his register. Mostly he winds up chatting with the person running the self checkout. In revenge, I've taken to telling the second person in my line that his register is open, and calling for him to come help them.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth joetheman View Post
      some rule we have where if your coupon + store card savings reach half your total then we stop doubling coupons.
      You double coupons up to half the total?! Where is your store...I'm there.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        Actually, I agree with the customer on this one. If the light is on, it means the lane is open.

If the cashier is bagging, they should keep an eye on their lane, and if they've gone off to do something, they should turn their light off.
        My lanes at the pool store didn't have lights, and if I was needed somewhere else in the store I had no way of letting customers know I had stepped away for customer assistance, some chore Bossman!K wanted me to do, etc. Thankfully the store was small enough that if I saw a customer waiting by my register, I could let them know I'd be there in a minute and hurry on over as soon as I could. I've never had a problem with that yet.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post

Yeah, I agree on this. The light should be turned off, when the cashier is not there.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yeah, the light should be turned off. But common sense (*gasp*, the thought of it!) usually dictates that light or no light: go to where the cashiers are.
            I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
              My lanes at the pool store didn't have lights, and if I was needed somewhere else in the store I had no way of letting customers know I had stepped away
              Do you have some other method of indicating your lane is open? If not, why on earth are they standing there?

Quoth Wingates_Hellsing View Post
              Yeah, the light should be turned off. But common sense (*gasp*, the thought of it!) usually dictates that light or no light: go to where the cashiers are.
              Oh, yeah, I'd personally wouldn't go to a lane where the light was on but the cashier was gone, I'm just saying.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Where I work, if there is no customer in line we are to help by bagging, and are told to leave are light on. The managers don't like it if we are just standing there waiting for another customer.
                Last edited by JPD; 03-17-2009, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Quoth JPD View Post
                  Where I work, if there is no customer in line we are to help by bagging, and are told to leave are light on. The managers don't like it if we are just standing there waiting for another customer.
                  That's what we do. Our baggers are told to bag in lanes so the cashier off the open register can see their lane and return as needed.

Half the time it seems that the customers just show up at any register light on or off closed sign up or down and expect to be rung up.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                    Half the time it seems that the customers just show up at any register light on or off closed sign up or down and expect to be rung up.
                    OMG this is a huge pet peeve of mine. I work on a kiosk in a mall...therefore..no doors to lock up at the end of the day. So, we put up signs "We are now CLOSED". Do you think people care? No..no they don't. I'm standing there trying to do the nightly deposit..and it never fails some EffTard comes up ... moves the sign out of the way...and says "Are you open?" Or...they just say "I want to put a dollar on my prepaid account" And I want you to go back to the first grade and learn to read.

You would THINK that the fact that every other store in the mall has their doors locked AND the lights in the mall are going out would give them a clue that maybe we also are closed. But you'd be wrong.
                    Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

I have a manager at work that doesn't take any BS from customers, and whenever they threaten to "never come back", she says, "See you next week!"

I love their faces, because they know it's true.

Comment

Working...
                      X