X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "you're a big girl, you need a big name!"

Yeah...

So today I just had a regular crappy day, even though I've been having fairly good days at work lately.

Besides the fact that I almost passed out/threw up at work (combination of cramps, nausea, and low blood sugar), my managers were giving me the usual attitude, but I brush it off.

Let me just preface this by saying that I am a tall girl, I'm nearly 6 foot, and not exactly skinny either, but I like the way I look for the most part. It's just kind of a punch in the gut to hear someone say it.

The customer that said this wasn't exactly sucky, as I'm sure he didn't mean it as an insult...but, yeah.

He came to return a calculator and something else, and asked me what my name was, as my badge was partially covered by my hoodie.

So he read it, and even gets it wrong after! My name starts with an "M" and he kept pronouncing it with a "V". And he KEEPS saying it, even though my badge is visible.

Him: "you don't see that name around anymore, V-"
    Me: No, not much anyway I suppose.
    Him: How tall are you V-?
    Me: I'm about 5'11
    Him: You're a big girl, you need a big name...and a big man!"
    Me: Ummmmm...my boyfriend is actually an inch sho-
    Him: Oh he's a shorty eh??
    Me: I...guess....

and then I finish the transaction and he goes off on his way.

Seriously, . Why do people think saying things like that are ok?

Because they have no manners. Plus, they were probably bullied in school and is going to to the same to others.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

oh hun

I'm not exactly Miss Slender myself but i think I'm beautiful... so when i hear a fat remark it really hurts..... i know how you feel... just be content with the knowledge that he obviously has a small penis, or he would not feel the need to be so disrespectful and rude to a stranger to compensate

Comment

Quoth kiwiwinelover View Post
        I'm not exactly Miss Slender myself but i think I'm beautiful... so when i hear a fat remark it really hurts..... i know how you feel... just be content with the knowledge that he obviously has a small penis, or he would not feel the need to be so disrespectful and rude to a stranger to compensate
        So... small penis = asshole?

I think you should reword that statement.

Most of the time people say such things, because they don't think it hurts others. Or to make it short (haha) they don't think.
        http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
        Melody Gardot

Comment

Lol Panigg

True i should reword.... those who are uncomfortable with the size of their penis tend to make such rude and disrespectful statements in order to compensate for perceived or real shortcomings in their trouser department...

Better?

Comment

WTF?? What exactly qualifies as a "big girl" name? Helga the skull smasher? What a douche-monkey.
            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth kiwiwinelover View Post
              True i should reword.... those who are uncomfortable with the size of their penis tend to make such rude and disrespectful statements in order to compensate for perceived or real shortcomings in their trouser department...

Better?
              Much better, thank you. *grin*
              http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
              Melody Gardot

Comment

Love it

Comment

Helga The Skull Smasher
                  Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

You'd need a big nametag for a big name like that.

I bet that dude got his ass kicked by a tall girl in elementary school or something.

Comment

I particularly hate it when idiots try to work a question in about "the boyfriend."

I HATE that. It's not even a clever or graceful attempt at manipulation, and it's transparent on top of that. GAAAAAh. Just ask, dickhead!

On second thought, in this particular instance, maybe he ought NOT ask, since he prefaced it with a bunch of offensive questions.

People like this will be the first against the wall when I come to power.

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
                        Me: I'm about 5'11
                        Him: You're a big girl, you need a big name...and a big man!"
                        Me: Ummmmm...my boyfriend is actually an inch sho-
                        Him: Oh he's a shorty eh??
                        To which you reply:

"Since he's actually taller than me when we lay down, it doesn't really matter "
                        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                          To which you reply:

"Since he's actually taller than me when we lay down, it doesn't really matter "
                          It's true.

He is just about an inch shorter, so we usually don't even notice until our shoes are off. It doesn't matter much to me, anyway, I've dated shorter.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                            To which you reply:

Actually, at this entire thread. I'm so glad I'm not drinking anything!
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Well, I'm a big guy, with a short name. (Literally; It's 4 letters long, and I'm 6'3") Does that Mean I need to change my name too?

In all seriousness, just ignore the little pest; you're happy, and you have a sig. other who's also happy with you. Far as Any outsider should care, it's none of their business.

Comment

Working...
                              X