This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only One.

Last night.... ah St. Patty's day. Was actually a crazy calm day at Dress for Less. I guess everyone was busy getting drunk beyond standing.

That being said. I only have one SC to tell of from my shift.
    Now I am recovering from the PLAGUE. I'm at the point where I can still hardly breath and my voice just keeps coming and going. So I have this lady call me about 15 min before close. .... I'm in the FR, but our phone's up at CS are broken, so I have to field ALL calls that came in last night.

Me: TA DA!
    SC: Well....bitch.

Me: *Spiel* This is Red. How may I help you?
    SC: I was in their earlier today. And I just found one of those security tags STILL attached to a shirt I purchased! YOU LEFT IT ON!
    Me: *go to speak but find.... NO VOICE! So I try to quietly cough to clear my throat....Which gleans*
    SC: I DO NOT FIND THIS FUNNY! I LIVE ALL THE WAY OUT IN (BFE)!
    Me:.......*so wasnt laughing bitch* I'm very sorry ma'am. But these things do happen from time to time.
    SC: It's YOUR job to make sure they DONT happen.
    Me:*no it's NOT* I apologize for any inconvenience ma'am. We would be more than happy to remove the tag for you. We are closing at 9:30 but-
    SC: OH WELL THAT"S JUST GREAT!
    Me: *dont cut me off* BUT, if you bring it with you next time you are in town it will be no problem. Just make sure you bring the receipt with you so that-.
    SC: ARE YOU CALLING ME A THIEF! HOW DARE YOU!
    ME:*No seriously...dont do it AGAIN* No ma'am, we just need to see who checked you out. ((We are trying to make sure everyone double checks all clothes for hard tags))
    SC: Well I think it's ridiculous that I have to drive 50min back into town just so YOU can take a little tag off a $6 shirt!

By the by. Our hard tag matrix for shirts is $9.99 and up for getting a buzzer tag. So... at this point I think she is talking out her ass....

Me: I understand Ma'am, if you bring the shirt in at your next convince we will remove the tag for you. that's all WE can do, but-
    SC:***CLICK****

Me: BITCH!

I was going to let her talk to my manager too... to see if maybe they could refund her for some $$ since she had to drive so far. Since it was technically our fault for not checking the clothes and not checking the door if it beeped. But .... GOD!

I hope that when she next comes in that half way there her car runs out of gas.... and maybe.... get's struck by..... lightning... or.... a simi bunch of horse shat....

*Fin*
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Anyone want to bet that the tagged shirt is from another store?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
      I'm in the FR, but our phone's up at CS are broken, so I have to field ALL calls that came in last night.
      Hehe, so are our phones...actually, it's our PA. I wonder if it's a Ross epidemic :P

anyway, guh, i sooo hate the last minute callers. And the ppl who give us 'tude because of the hardtags.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Anyone want to bet that the tagged shirt is from another store?
        I've got 40 I$ (Imaginary $ :P) on it being stolen!

It seems people like this lack the mental ability to understand that the employees of a single store, much less a whole company are not some sort of fluid mass that operates off of a hive mind to serve their every whim
        I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
          Hehe, so are our phones...actually, it's our PA. I wonder if it's a Ross epidemic :P

it really wouldn't surprise me... Ross is quite akin to the PLAGUE. ..... and stuff. hehe
          "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
          -Red

Comment

Me: *Spiel* This is Red. How may I help you?
            SC: I was in their earlier today. And I just found one of those security tags STILL attached to a shirt I purchased! YOU LEFT IT ON!

What a bitch, I have the tag thing happen all the time when I go to sears and I figured out why.. I shop for clothing then wonder down to tools and usually check out there, the guys in tools never think to check for those tags.. It took it happening 3 times for me to figure that out.. Was I ever pissed off about it? Nope I just bring back the stuff and receipt and clerk takes off tags apologizes and now I tell her its not her fault cause I have to stop checking out through tools and we both have a good day..

But yeah I love the ones that scream and stomp their feet over bullshit, like what are going to do about other than fix it? You want a cookie? Perhaps some cheese with that whine?
            Last edited by Ree; 03-20-2009, 03:22 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Quoth Bosch View Post
              Was I ever pissed off about it? Nope I just bring back the stuff and receipt and clerk takes off tags apologizes and now I tell her its not her fault cause I have to stop checking out through tools and we both have a good day..

Yeah. this past summer I bought a dress at Burlington Coat Factory. Cause I was going down to Cali for a few months. So I got all the way down to S. Cali, and go to put the dress on...... wouldnt you know it. Security tag. I just laughed and went to find some bolt cutters. We are all people, mistakes and overlooks happen every now and then. And sometimes.... the alarms at the doors dont go off....
              Last edited by Ree; 03-20-2009, 03:23 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
              -Red

Comment

And sometimes.... the alarms at the doors dont go off....
                You mean *le GASP* that...

Technology ISN'T perfect!?

Blasphemy! Blasphemy!

(end humor)
                I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

I hate to imagine the scene if the alarms had gone off. After all, you would be accusing her of theft.
                  That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

when I worked in Large Chain Women's retail, we didn't use the tags, but a couple stores in our district did. We'd get the occasional return with one on. Had to hunt up another store in our mall to remove the things...oy.

Comment

This sort of thing happened to my mom. She bought something at Old Navy and they left the tag on, we had to go back to Old Navy and get the tag off. I was young at the time and I thought if my parents went back, that they would be accused of shoplifting. At least that wasn't the case.

Comment

Working...
                      X