This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customer mad about their own mistake

Does that make sense? This story is short, but really weird. I witnessed this today...

When you pay your bills at our store, you have to hit a button that verifies that we put in the right amount for your bill.

CW: So, you are paying 52.30 on your bill today?
    SC: Yes, that's right.
    CW: Okay, please verify that I typed in the right amount and hit okay.
    SC: *looks at reader and then hits okay* All right.
    CW: *processes bill and hands her receipt* Thank you ma'am.
    SC: *Looks at receipt, confused* Wait, I said 60 dollars! Not 53!
    CW *???* No, I'm sorry, you said and VERIFIED that it was 53.30.
    SC: No, I said 60!
    CW: Okay, let me void out and do it again.
    SC: You better do it right this time.

The other customers in the line were like, wtf? and the coworker didn't bother to say anything else to the customer; just processed the bill again and told her to have a nice day. I can't believe someone would be that rude over their own mistake! We have them verify the amount of the bill for this very reason and still, this woman screwed up!

It's actually fairly common among SC's.

They don't listen, despite being asked the question multiple times. Then they always turn it around and make it the hapless CSR's fault.

I get yelled at a minimum of 2 times a shift for people booking themselves on the wrong date for travel, even though there are (literally) three recap screens, asking you to verify what you've chosen.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Rine View Post

The other customers in the line were like, wtf? and the coworker didn't bother to say anything else to the customer; just processed the bill again and told her to have a nice day.

Let me be the one to say it; the other customer sin the line who didn't stand up for you and tear her a new one are as pathetic as the loser who couldn't get her own payment right.

Comment

This is actually quite classic. A very natural instinct to cover embarrassment or shame for being wrong is to blame someone else. Certainly not mature or the right thing to do, but many people do this.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I typically try to make a joke out of whatever I've screwed up. Usually something about being narcoleptic and missing it.
          Bark like a chicken!

Comment

I just laugh at myself and call it a "Blonde Moment."
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I guess I just don't understand the SC mentality. I've made mistakes. I've had cashier's make mistakes. It just isn't the end of the world. I try to deal with a mistake on my part or the cashier's with humor. The shit gets fixed and nobody gets a shitty attitude they have to deal with the rest of the day.

Now I will get an attitude with a cashier that is purposefully being a prick.
              If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
              --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Working...
              X