This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The funk of the feet!

Ugh. So I work at a shoe store. I was helping this woman today that right when she took her shoes off, this SMELL hits the store. I went in the backroom, looked at my co-worker, and said "Do you smell that?" He's like what? I told him to go out in the front. Eventually her husband tells her to put her shoes outside. DID NOT HELP!!!! Even the insole I took out of the shoe to replace with something else had a funk on it, and she only had it on for a minute!

Worse part was when she left I had to spray all the shoes down with deorderant and hope nothing grows. Another person told me athlete's foot might be the cause. She sucks cause she might spread the fungus! It's called, if your feet stink THAT bad, see a doctor!!!!!

Now, why on earth would they do a silly thing like that when a wall of denial and.or ignorance has been working just fine so far? After all, doctors cost money, and they can't spare any of that during these hard times!

Maybe they'll manage to get something terminal, and deny that too...
    I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

*shudder* for me there's not much grosser than nasty feet (except maybe a PB and J sandwich...but that's a WHOLE other topic...and yes...i know I'm weird!) I know that my toes aren't pretty (really..whose are?) but if there's something funky on them I'm sure as hell not putting them into someone else's shoes! Blech! Although...she might just have foot odor and not some fungus...do you guys sell odor eaters or doc. scholl's? coulda been a great upselling opportunity!
      Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

I worked for SAS (San Antonio Shoes) and they made us put shoes on people! We had to take off their shoe and put one of ours on. I HATED that job. I hate feet. And it was basically an old ppl store, so I was touching old feet that looked gnarled. No offense to anybody old. I think my feet are icky too. But yeah when the smell is so bad you gag while around them, something is WRONG!

Comment

I'll out and out refuse to touch feet of clients if they're dirty or stinky, mind you I'll do the same to any other part of their body if it is either.
          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I bet she's one of the few people to get a refund from the Odor-eaters corporation.

Comment

I'm so glad nobody tries on their furniture.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                I bet she's one of the few people to get a refund from the Odor-eaters corporation.
                Her feet are so bad, Odor-Eaters renamed themselves to Odor-Regurgitators.

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
                  Her feet are so bad, Odor-Eaters renamed themselves to Odor-Regurgitators.
                  My version would be "Yo momma's feet stink so bad, her Odor Eaters threw up."
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Two words for the lady: Odor Eaters.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I feel your pain in this. I've been selling shoes for 4 years and some of the smells I've smelt never cease to amaze me.
                      I've always wondered if these people have no sense of smell, because if my feet smelt half as bad as some, I'd be too embarassed to be shoe shopping.

Comment

I think noseplugs and disposable gloves should be standard uniform for shoe salespeople.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Just out of interest, how does this happen that you have to deal with this, it's at thhe forefront of my mind having just got my certificate for OHS&W but this is major infection control and ohs issues there.
                          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Luckily, I just bring out the shoes and let them put them on themselves. I have a habit of accidently wrenching the foot the wrong way. My boss is the one that normally puts it on their feet, but is he had her, I think he wouldn't have either.

Usually people's feet really don't stink. Like I've had warnings from other people, but normally it's nothing. Gloves would be a nice thing to have though. We keep hand sanitzier, right guard, and lysol all in the back work bench for people that are worst then most.
                            But this lady is the first that had to put her shoes outside, and yet her feet still left the funk in the new shoes! She said she tried Odor eaters and that they didn't work. I'm not surprised! I thought one of my old roommates was bad with his room funk, but nope, this lady's feet won!
                            I think she was a medical hazard with that stench. I'm glad I sprayed all the shoes before I put them away, I just hope no funguses grow! (We do check inside shoes to make sure the insoles are in right, so it wouldn't go on anyone's foot if we did find something.)

Comment

Quoth CrazyShoeGirl View Post
                              I've always wondered if these people have no sense of smell, because if my feet smelt half as bad as some, I'd be too embarassed to be shoe shopping.
                              They probably just get used to it. Same way with people who wear so much perfume they give the rest of the room an asthma attack. I used to get customers commenting on the smell of coffee in the store ("How can you work with that smell and not be drinking coffee all day?") and I never smelled it. Sometimes the very first thing in the morning I would notice it, but otherwise, never. (And I don't drink coffee, anyway.)
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X