This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Down That Damn Noise!

Some rap wannabe was boomin' his radio in his car out in the parking lot which was causing the windows in my store to shake.

Not it only got my attention, but kids outside on the far side of the parking lot as well.

By the time I picked up the phone to call this in, I observed some kids walking up to the rap star's vehicle and yelling something at him. His response was a flip of a finger and cranked up the radio even louder which was causing my windows to shake even harder. I found myself jumping at the sight of seeing the windows shaking, fearing they'd shatter at any moment.

While I am talking to dispatch, 2 kids began to yank out the rap star from the car window and proceeded to beat the tar out of him while one went inside the car to shut the radio off. Then joined in to the beatings.

A girl walks past my window and sees me on the phone. She turned to her friends yelling that I am on the phone. It was their cue to get in their cars and hustle on out of there.

The bloodied kid that got beat up also jumped into his car and peeled out of there.

Few minutes later, the cops arrives at my store. I gave them the description of the vehicles and people involved. I walked the cops to the area where the rap star's car was and found blood spatters that came from the beatings.

They left to go look for them while I went back inside the store.

Four hours later, one of the cops came back wanting a witness statement from me since I witnessed the beatings.

They found the beaten up guy, AFTER he and 2 other friends broke into an apartment he thought belonged to one the guys who beat him up. A woman living there screamed and they realized they were in the wrong apartment. So they split.

When the cops got there, the description of the rap star guy matched my description of him. He was still bloodied when he broke in. One of the cops recognized his description because of his priors and took his hunch over to where he lived.

Sure enough, he was home, the car was there in the driveway. They called for backup. Two in front knocked on the door and identified themselves as police. He bolts out in the back and into the waiting arms of the cops. He struggles, they tasered him, cuffs him and took him to the hospital to check his injuries.

While the rap star is sitting in the ER room waiting to see a doctor, he observes an exit door nearby. When the doctor arrives to inspect him, the second the cop took the cuffs off him, he shoves both of them out of his way and ran for the exit door.

BAM! THUD! The door is locked.

He gets tasered again and cuffed. This time he stayed cuffed during the doctor's inspection.

Then he heads for jail on charges of breaking and entering, burglary, resisting arrest, misdemeanor fleeing (surprised it wasn't a felony like some states are) assaulting a police officer, illegal possession of a handgun in the commission of being a felon (he had priors and they found it in his car, underneath his seat), illegal possession of ammunition (new one to me) & assault on a medical technician (the doctor).

Oh here's an interesting part, the gun. It was an old German Luger, 9MM. I got to see it before it went to the property room at the police station to be tagged as evidence. Turns out the kid's dad passed away a few years ago and inherited the gun. As I inspected the gun, I noticed there were nicks on the barrel. I suddenly realized what they were. Those were teeth marks and I asked the cop if he noticed it too. He didn't know what caused the marks. I told him what it was.

You see, back in the day during the Third Reich, German SS officers often poke their barrels of their gun into the mouths of (you name it, Jewish people or any type of undesirable people in Hitler's hit list) their victims, the second they fired the weapon, the victim would reflexively bite into the barrel, leaving a mark on it. It had many, lots of overlap bits on it. I didn't have time to count them as the cop wanted it back and had to leave. Nonetheless the cop was shocked after realizing what this is he's holding in his hand.

I've seen this same type of gun with the same markings from a friend's uncle who collects guns and he has a massive collection, flint guns, guns from the old Wild West, guns from various wars, etc. Including the German Luger 9MM.

http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/planetcoh...tory/luger.jpg

That image is exactly what I was holding.

There are many variations of the Luger guns and it's family line. What they all have in common is their signature long barrel.

No word on the rest of the guys........yet.

So the next time you think you had a bad day, try wearing the rap star's shoes

Yiz
    Last edited by yizuman; 03-21-2009, 05:45 AM. Reason: Corrected image link and misspellings
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

So this douchewaffle is going to be responsible for the destruction of a Luger? I hope the beating was severe.

Comment

............. That is all.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Does your freind's uncle also happen to own some of the modern German weaponry? say... UMC (Civilian UMP) or even the oh-so-rare... ish HK40 series?

and if so... may I see them?

It's odd, but there are places within the law where one might legally own a firearm but not the ammunition.

Anyway, kinda scary that a-holes like that are not only armed, but also a-holes who may be confronted, and who break into apartments at more or less random... now you know why I think every decent person in the country should own a handgun and know how to use it

But I digress, and so as to avoid diving completely into fratching I shall end this post with a: 'sorry you had to go through all that, Nazi stuff is creepy, etc. etc.'
        I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

Quoth Wingates_Hellsing View Post
          Does your freind's uncle also happen to own some of the modern German weaponry? say... UMC (Civilian UMP) or even the oh-so-rare... ish HK40 series?
          Not sure and I'm not an expert on weapons, so the names you mentioned got kinda lost on me.

I only saw a few of his weapon collection, never stuck around to see all of it. I'm not that much of a gun buff.

My friend showed me the Luger because it's the one piece that spooks him alot and I can understand why.

Yiz
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Comment

As someone who's sort of interested in that time in history, I recognize that gun immediately.

I don't know what's creepier, the history of the gun, or the fact that he was using it and he didn't know what was done to people with that gun.

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
              As someone who's sort of interested in that time in history, I recognize that gun immediately.

I don't know what's creepier, the history of the gun, or the fact that he was using it and he didn't know what was done to people with that gun.
              Who? The dude that had possession of it? I don't know for a fact that he knows or not. He may know, after all it was in the possession of his father. For how long he had it before this idiot inherited it, I have no idea.

Comment

Hmm...

Uh....hmm....

I, uh....

Yeah...um...I'm just going to leave now.

[edit] Okay...I just can't.

Why did the cops taze the "rap star" again after he ran into a locked door? This seems excessive use of force. The door was locked, he hit it, which of course stopped him, and then they tazed him again???

Why did the cops let you see, let alone HOLD, something that was going into property as evidence? [/edit]
                Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 03-21-2009, 12:48 PM. Reason: just had to ask questions
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I hope the police can legally turn the gun over to a museum after it is no longer needed for evidence.

Or at least can permit historians to properly study and record it.

I have this thing about the destruction of historic artifacts. It makes me
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Most police agencies have ceased auctioning off evidence. So unless he's found not guilty it'll get melted down.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                      Why did the cops let you see, let alone HOLD, something that was going into property as evidence?
                      Yeah, unless you are from a really small town, it seems pretty casual and lax on the part of the police department. I don't really understand why they would let someone with a simple excessive noise complaint, who then happened to witness an assault, handle evidence, especially a handgun possibly related to another crime, even if it was found in possession of the person related to the noise complaint and assualt.

Also, since you were just a bystander who complained about someone playing rap music so loud the windows of your store rattled, (Get thee to a hardware store for glazing putty if loud music causes the windows to rattle ), I don't understand how you ended up privy to so many details about all the crimes and situations that took place after.
                      Was it all reported in the paper?

Seems a rather dramatic situation, really
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I apologize for throwing in my two bits, but as a military member, outdoorsman and avid shooter, I'm a little leery about the "bite marks" supposedly left in the barrel.

In gunsmithing and routine use, the most common foes to watch for in marking up a barrel are usually finger-rings, rocks, other metal or assorted files used when repairing a firearm.
                        Yes, a human can bite down with a fair amount of force, but anything of that nature against metal leads invariably to broken, chipped or cracked teeth.

Only metal of a softer nature such as lead, gold, pure aluminum or the like can be actively bitten into.

----------------------------------
                        Crap....
                        After reading that over, I'm going to have to expound further-

The listed "charges" against this person. A number of them are real, a number of them sound made up or as though they were altered slightly from existing, actual charges.
                        The "assault on a medical technicion" for instance.
                        Assault is assault plain and simple in most states with the notable exception of "assualting a officer" which leads into various things like "resisting arrest".
                        The "illegal possesion of ammunition" doesnt ring very well either.
                        .......... I should know- I'm not going into to many details but I'm currently serving probation for pointing a pistol at the back window of my car when my wife and I were almost ran off the road. I was charged with "illegal use of a firearm", a Class D Felony.
                        My ammunition had nothing to do with it, and even now is not listed in my probation handbook of weapons I'm currently not allowed to maintain in my civilian life.

The "historical" logic seems off as well.
                        Within the course of World War II, the Nazi SS served as an elite group of soliders and officers both for routine employment as well as servicing personnel for the concentration camps.
                        Because of their "elite" status, the SS were actually held to a higher level of conduct and a higher level of discipline for breaking that conduct. A number of SS Officers were actually arrested during the course of the war by the Nazi party and held in a seperate prison facility. Ergo, when it came to running the camps, with a few notable exceptions, they ruthlessly oversaw the prison camps and the regular enlisted carried out the daily workings of the camp.

Hence an officer could order a trainload of people into a gas chamber, but it is very highly unlikely he would have ever personally excecuted someone himself.
                        In the cases where mass graves were discovered that indicated excecution style slayings, the victims were either crudely gunned down and left to die, or were cuffed and shot in the back of the head.
                        A bullet through the mouth is not a quick or effective way to kill a man.

Also, SS Officers rarely carried the full-sized Luger, prefering instead (if they could actually get it) the smaller Luger P38, a short-barrel version of the Luger that would have been good for little more than personal protection.

*Shrugs*
                        I grew up in the military and I've always enjoyed history, hence my take on this matter.
                        Unfortunately the listed "event" sounds like it could have been originally based off of something plausible, but much like a urban legend, has had a great deal of stretched fabrications added in to make it sound more eventful.
                        Last edited by Phantomgrift; 03-21-2009, 04:29 PM.
                        Waiter? ... Waiter?
                        Curses! When will I ever remember- Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restauraunt.

Comment

Quoth Phantomgrift View Post
                          I apologize for throwing in my two bits, but as a military member, outdoorsman and avid shooter, I'm a little leery about the "bite marks" supposedly left in the barrel.

Only metal of a softer nature such as lead, gold, pure aluminum or the like can be actively bitten into.
                          I was going to question that as well...however, I know nothing about guns, so I didn't ask about that.

Oh, and there was no need to apologize for throwing in your two bits. I now learned a little something about guns!
                          Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 03-21-2009, 04:37 PM.
                          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

In Massachusetts you can be charged with illegal possession of ammunition. Mostly if you already have a felony record. Story:http://boston.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pr...poss021009.htm

I work for a police department. There is no way that any officer or property clerk I know would let a civilian see evidence never mind hold it.Especially a firearm! I'm a civilian employee and I don't have access to evidence. Ever.

Comment

Ah.. So more fun stuff I have to watch for the next time I change commands!
                              Waiter? ... Waiter?
                              Curses! When will I ever remember- Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restauraunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X