Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am put off and disappointed with mean patrons!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am put off and disappointed with mean patrons!!!

DISCLAIMER- I understand using "pms" patrons is offensive. I apologize and had the title edited.

Ok so I work in a restaurant as a wait manager (that means I wait tables and act as the manager on duty) I specifically remember this military family that came in and was very rude. Funny thing I find a review of the resturant I work at...and the review is about me!!! I have never had a customer complaint before, I wanted somewhere to vent so here I am.

Her review is in red, my reply to her comments are in blue.

This was our first experience here and I really don't think we'll go back. No one greeted us when we walked in even though 4 employees walked past us.

-----I greeted you at the door and told you I was going to put two tables together for you.

When we were seated we asked for a high chair and go one but it was not in functioning order and we were forced to the the straps around our son;

------You never told me until after you ate you had a problem with the highchair.

which later got stuck and took us 15 min to get undone and NO ONE checked to see what 4 adults were doing surrounding this high chair.

----- That's because YOU NEVER ASKED FOR HELP, you were done paying and eating, all you had to do was ask. AND WHY WAS HE STUCK? You tied the high chair cords in a knot yourself, I did not tie them YOU DID.

Our Server had ZERO customer service skills

----OK OK OK HOLD IT, I value customer service more than most people, I very much want you to have a nice experience because I CARE. Hence how I found this bogus review. I was very polite and you two ladies (?) were very rude to me and attempted to talked down to me when I was trying to take your order.(I am a member of phi Kappa phi....I spelled this out carefully so that you could google it...look it up!) BECAUSE of this I made it A POINT to give you excellent service.

and had on booty shorts which IMO are VERY unprofessional.

------What the hell is your problem? Seriously, Now you have a problem with my clothes? Can I do nothing to make you cows happy? Is it my fault if your husbands were checking me out? Why not stop being so damn bitter? Oh by the way what you just said is SEXUAL HARASSMENT and I was very offended and hurt by this comment.

She didn't check on us once

----- LIES. I checked on you many times, and even offered you FREE DRINKS BECAUSE I HAVE RESPECT FOR THE MILITARY. Oh and you didn't want the free drinks.

and we had to ask several times for our ticket.

-------YOU ASKED ONCE, and I am sorry but you asked for separate checks and we were busy, if you need to pay fast, don't ask for separate checks. And I know I got them to you fast.

While I was eating I observed another employee ( waitress ) spooning the salsa in to a dish and she licked her hand and even went as far as to eat over waiting food. I'm sorry but this is disgusting to myself and the people I was with.

-----Wow you had so much time to be a bitch you even went as far to look around for anything else to criticize. Good Job!

The server consistently put drinks, flatware, and even HOT SALSA in front of 2 infants ( both are just over a year old and still grab at everything ).

-----Well then ask nicely for me not to if you feel I was doing this, I am not stupid, I obviously didn't put every single item right in front of a little baby. One because I don't want the baby to get hurt and Two I like to prevent any kind of mess from happening.

On the up side the food was good and the bathroom was clean. I do think that next time however we'll try another place.

At the end the woman comes down after the fact to complain to me about the high chair. I told her I was very sorry and if there was anything I could do because I wanted to make it better.She refused any kind of help I tried to offer to make her feel better or make up for it. I would have loved to have made it better for her but she must have wanted to be a bitter person. Oh and by the way I am a person, that's right, a person. I bleed red blood just like you, have feelings and have a bachelors degree, oh but wait I doubt you have one of those.

Some of you may be curious as to if I posted this reply on the review site, no I did not. Here is the edited version that I posted (how I felt after cooling down a bit) I think you can figure out that -------means I am talking.

-----I am the person you are referring to in this review.

This was our first experience here and I really don't think we'll go back. No one greeted us when we walked in even though 4 employees walked past us.

----- You saw four servers because it was the transition time and two were in the process of leaving their shift and two were coming on their shift. You probably didn't notice but we do not have a hostess, busser or bartender. The servers do everything. The manager on duty is also a server and is responsible for take out orders as well. I very much remember greeting you at the door and apologize if you were not greeted immediately.

When we were seated we asked for a high chair and go one but it was not in functioning order and we were forced to the the straps around our son

------You never told me until after you ate you had a problem with the highchair. I apologize that our restaurant had poor highchairs that did not function properly for you, but there was nothing at that time I could do about it.

which later got stuck and took us 15 min to get undone and NO ONE checked to see what 4 adults were doing surrounding this high chair.

------You were done paying and eating, all you had to do was ask for help and I would have been happy to help you. You tied the high chair cords in a knot yourself, I did not tie them..you did. If you want me to untie the knot you tied yourself I would have been more than happy to help.

Our Server had ZERO customer service skills

----OK OK OK HOLD IT, I value customer service more than most people, I very much wanted you to have a nice experience because I care. Hence how I found this review. I was very polite and you two ladies and even though I felt like I was talked down two a few times, I made it A POINT to give you excellent service, (not just because I have a high respect for military families and what they do for our country), but because I strive to give all customers a positive experience.

--------Now you have a problem with my clothes? What were you doing looking at my shorts anyway? Does that have anything do with the service you received?

She didn't check on us once

--------Untrue. I checked on you many times, I never ignore my tables.

and we had to ask several times for our ticket.

--------------You asked once, and I am sorry but when you ask for separate checks it takes a little longer than if you were to pay with one check because I have to go into the computer and separate it. I do know I got them to you promptly.

While I was eating I observed another employee ( waitress ) spooning the salsa in to a dish and she licked her hand and even went as far as to eat over waiting food. I'm sorry but this is disgusting to myself and the people I was with.

--------------Maybe when you are eating out you should enjoy the company of your family and friends rather than look around for anything else to criticize.

The server consistently put drinks, flatware, and even HOT SALSA in front of 2 infants ( both are just over a year old and still grab at everything ).

--------------------Well then ask nicely for me not to and make me aware of it. I apologize. I do go out of my way to avoid doing this in order to protect the child and/or prevent any kind of spill.

On the up side the food was good and the bathroom was clean. I do think that next time however we'll try another place.

-------------You then came down to complain about the highchair. I told you I was very sorry and if there was anything I could do (because I wanted to make it better.) You refused any kind of help on my part. I want you to know I was 100% sincere. I felt bad that you left the restaurant upset and I was not given any chance to do anything for you. (For example I could have given you a discount)
    I am sure you are a very nice lady and might have had a bad day but please try to understand, servers are people too. I have a four year college degree, feelings and a family just like you do. Next time you are at a restaurant or anywhere else receiving a service, realize that these people are not your servants, they are doing their job. You are not any better than them. How would you feel if you were doing the best job you could and someone wrote this about you where you work?
    I wish you the best and hope you can see what I wrote as a person writing to a person. I am not writing to you as a server but as myself.
    Last edited by Only_Human; 03-22-2009, 08:50 AM.

Quoth chelseacandy View Post

[COLOR="Blue"]------What the hell is your problem? Seriously, Now you have a problem with my clothes? Can I do nothing to make you cows happy? Is it my fault if your husbands were checking me out?
    I may be wrong...but this is where you probably lost them. Women can be so catty. You very well could've given them first class, grade A service...but the booty shorts and their husbands wandering eye - you stood no chance.

Where do you work that allows you to wear something someone could classify as "booty shorts". The only restaurant I can think of that "booty shorts" are part of the uniform is Hooters. However, I know there are other restaurants out there that require their servers to wear short shorts. I worked at a sports bar where we wore what could be classified as booty shorts.
    Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 03-21-2009, 12:24 PM.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I do believe this thread requires pics of you in these "booty shorts" so that we can determine if they were unprofessional.

I guess that's code for welcome to the boards.
      If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

It sounds like to me that they didn't like you from the start and was hell bent on finding stuff to complain about. These woman sound like my mother in law. Any woman that dresses up or looks sexy in anyways she hates even before she talks to them.Some women are just catty bitches.See I'm different because instead of hating on woman for what she wears, I might ask her where'd you get that shirt its so cute. But then again I'm not a stupid hateful bitch

Comment

rebuttal

Is there any way that you could possibly contact the publication that published the review and write a rebuttal?

Comment

My best friend was a waiter and he had problems like this every once in awhile. These types of customers would not say a word that anything was wrong, and then when they are done with their meal, they sneak off behind his back to a manager and complain. They expect us to be able to read their minds.
            I definitely would tell your side of the story if you already haven't, but I wouldn't worry about being in trouble or anything. If your bosses know you do a good job, I seriously doubt you'll get more than a friendly talking to.
            I would not worry about these people. They're the types who complain about absolutely everything they can in the hopes of getting free meals, coupons, or both.
            On the plus side, you probably won't have to deal with them again.

Comment

Sucky indeed, but is the review posted on a site or magazine you can write to? Basically, things like "no-one came to us when we were having problems" and "all you had to was ask" are debatable things about the pro-activity of the staff, but "no-one checked on us" while you did check on them is a flat out lie.
              Don't just rant here (preaching to the choir, duly appreciated though) but counter their story on the place it's posted. Be polite, apologise for the things that might have been done better and promise improvement, be "happy they enjoyed the food", but deny their lies. This b*tch’s story could damage your business.

Comment

Any other woman that is competition or a threat to them they will make their life hell with whatever they can in their arsenal. Catty ass bitches. I once got a bad review from a customer who was incredibly sucky (he had an issue in Outlook with a domain name email for his website, I did some troubleshooting and informed him that he would need to contact his domain host or admin and got upset when I told him...which had to be ad-nauseum because he was a total ass from the getgo and screamed for a supervisor, which I was happy to give since I really didn't want to deal with his ass). Once I was forwarded the email from the floor director to my boss, I replied right back with my side of the story. In short, if you get a review like that, tell your side of the story, since it's usually the customer's word against yours, especially if you have sucky/spineless management.
                Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 03-21-2009, 07:08 PM.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

------What the hell is your problem? Seriously, Now you have a problem with my clothes? Can I do nothing to make you cows happy? Is it my fault if your husbands were checking me out? Why not stop being so bitter? Oh by the way what you just said is SEXUAL HARASSMENT and I was very offended and hurt by this comment.

I'm confused by your response. Doesn't sexual harassment have to be an ongoing issue that effects your work? How does one comment on a customer review website fit that definition? I can understand if your manager required you to read this or something but it just sounds like you found it while searching the internet. And do you not wear booty shorts? Are you arguing that they are professional?

Comment

Wow.

It's unfortunate if the women judged you on your clothing, but I don't think finding waitstaff in scant clothing "unprofessional" is sexual harassment. They didn't call you a whore or anything like that. And isn't it just as bad to blame their mood on PMS?

I really, really hate when people blame any bad mood or negative reaction a woman has on PMS. Women are allowed to think poorly of a situation for other reasons too.
                    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
                    ~-~
                    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
                      Doesn't sexual harassment have to be an ongoing issue that effects your work?
                      No. It doesn't. It neither has to be ongoing, nor does it have to affect your work. A one-time dirty joke can be sexual harassment in the workplace.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

With that woman's attitude, seems like she just wanted things, anything, to complain about. You probably could have worn a completely button-up blouse and floor-length skirt and you would still have been dressed 'too sexy.' The review she did went way too far.
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                          I may be wrong...but this is where you probably lost them. Women can be so catty. You very well could've given them first class, grade A service...but the booty shorts and their husbands wandering eye - you stood no chance.

Where do you work that allows you to wear something someone could classify as "booty shorts". The only restaurant I can think of that "booty shorts" are part of the uniform is Hooters. However, I know there are other restaurants out there that require their servers to wear short shorts. I worked at a sports bar where we wore what could be classified as booty shorts.
                          Yes they are shorts, but they are not "booty shorts" thats whats so funny. I work at a regular restaurant, for three years upper management has never said anything to me about my attire being inappropriate. I think you are right, there was nothing I could have done at that point. Thanks for your comment, I am now brave to fave another day at work

Quoth kdruboen View Post
                          Is there any way that you could possibly contact the publication that published the review and write a rebuttal?
                          I did actually, I wrote a heavily edited version of this reply I should post it here....

Quoth Anriana View Post
                          I'm confused by your response. Doesn't sexual harassment have to be an ongoing issue that effects your work? How does one comment on a customer review website fit that definition? I can understand if your manager required you to read this or something but it just sounds like you found it while searching the internet. And do you not wear booty shorts? Are you arguing that they are professional?
                          No I read this on my own, I do wear shorts because it's Hawaii and HOT, I have never had a problem with anyone saying my attire is inappropriate. Furthermore, I was raised pretty conservative (Mormon even though I am not really active) so It's in my nature NOT to dress that way. This rant is just that...a rant. I have a much more professional reply I posted on the website with the actual review. And yes, I was stupid enough to look and find it myself, I like to look at reviews in order to better serve customers....never saw this one coming though.
                          Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-22-2009, 07:21 AM. Reason: multiquote

Comment

------What the hell is your problem? Seriously, Now you have a problem with my clothes? Can I do nothing to make you cows happy? Is it my fault if your husbands were checking me out? Why not stop being so damn bitter? Oh by the way what you just said is SEXUAL HARASSMENT and I was very offended and hurt by this comment.
                            IMO, no it isn't. That's interpreting "sexual harassment" too liberally to me. It's a stupid comment that seems to be made just to complain about something, anything, and she found lots of them for some reason.

I am going to assume either you wear booty shorts because it's part of the uniform, or the complainer exaggerated your dress to sex up (har!) her complaint.

As for the PMS thing, I'm not going to throw stones. I'm guilty myself of using a male equivalent to describe a guy who acts rude or drives a big, impractical vehicle in a stupid manner.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Aisling View Post
                              Wow.

It's unfortunate if the women judged you on your clothing, but I don't think finding waitstaff in scant clothing "unprofessional" is sexual harassment. They didn't call you a whore or anything like that. And isn't it just as bad to blame their mood on PMS?

I really, really hate when people blame any bad mood or negative reaction a woman has on PMS. Women are allowed to think poorly of a situation for other reasons too.
                              Ha actually my initial title was "I am so hurt and pissed off" but my boyfriend suggested this one...sorry I was not trying to be offensive. I was speaking out of anger and hurt. I just edited it and posted my ACTUAL website response after my angry one.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              IMO, no it isn't. That's interpreting "sexual harassment" too liberally to me. It's a stupid comment that seems to be made just to complain about something, anything, and she found lots of them for some reason.

I am going to assume either you wear booty shorts because it's part of the uniform, or the complainer exaggerated your dress to sex up (har!) her complaint.

As for the PMS thing, I'm not going to throw stones. I'm guilty myself of using a male equivalent to describe a guy who acts rude or drives a big, impractical vehicle in a stupid manner.
                              The PMS title was not my initial title, my boyfriend suggested it, (out of anger I just went along with it) I tried to edit the title of this thread but it won't let me, (unless you can tell me how I would be very grateful) My actual response has just been posted after the angry one. I wasn't thinking clearly until I wrote the second draft.
                              Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-22-2009, 07:22 AM. Reason: multiquote

Comment

Working...
                              X