This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The crazies are out!

Ok, BG: I work at a shop that sells...stuff. Lots of all kinds of stuff. Candles, toys, decorations, candy, socks, thingamabobs, all you need for whichever holiday/happening is coming up, and so on. Also, I'm in Norway.
    On to the crazies.

GIMME MAKEUP!

Yesterday, a woman swore at me in french, thinking I didn't understand since I talked to her husband in English...

What made her so angry? We didn't have the thing she wanted.
    She wanted powder. Face powder. We discontinued all our makeup a while ago, and I told her that we're getting a whole new line of makeup, next week. Yay? Didn't help. I barely finished my sentence before her arms started waving around and all this nasty words came out.
    She called me stupid and I think "an amoeba", the store was ridiculous and so on, lots of swear words, I mean LOTS of swear words. I just understood a word here and there, but that was quite enough!

What made her more angry? That I said "you know, I don't speak french, but I do understand quite a bit"

I stayed completely calm (although ridiculously confused, I mean what the heck ) and lowered my voice when I said that I understood her. And then I gave her a big retail smile

Man, that kind of technique ALWAYS works! Either they blow up even more, but can't do anything 'cause, what did I do wrong? Nothing! I was polite and smiley (And Boss loves it when I do that to the suckies)
    Or, they collapse and get really shameful and say sorry <-and then maybe they've learned a lesson about something. (Yeah, right.)

(She blew up even more, btw, but then I just turned around and walked away, and when she saw that, she left. )
    Gah, that woman must've been off her meds.

Today was better, today was only filled with this kind of crazies:

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Customer is next in line, puts down his basket full of easter stuff and says "Man, I'm looking forward to christmas!"
    Me: *scans*
    Him: Aren't those christmas chickens cute?! (Points to some easter decorations he's buying)
    Me: (Catching on) Oh yeah, they'll look great beside the christmas tree! *bags*
    Him: And some people complain that shops are starting too early selling christmas things.
    Me: *tells him total*
    Him: *gives money*
    Me: Goodbye, merry christmas!
    Him: And Hanukkah! Don't forget Hanukkah!

Brightened my day, at least.
    Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
    Me:

Quoth cactus View Post
    What made her more angry? That I said "you know, I don't speak french, but I do understand quite a bit"

Awesome!!

Similar thing happened to my ex-husband who spent his high school years in Germany. Two German customers in the parts department where he worked were calling my ex and his manager all sorts of names, not realizing my ex could understand every.single.word.

My ex took it all in, then said something smart-assed to them in German. They hightalked it out of there.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Easter Peeps = Christmas?? I love ownage, especially in another language!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Not an SC, but had a co-worker who would talk on the phone to his mother in German about how important he was, how much work he was getting done, how dumb the manager and the other staff were...

... not knowing that the manager could hear him and spoke fluent German.

Truthfully, I still think he doesn't know. He left that job rather abruptly around that time (for other reasons).
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          Easter Peeps = Christmas??
          Well, why not
          Customer (on the phone): YOU ARE DUMB! D-U-M-M!
          Me:

Comment

That is why I tell my mother to not bad mouth anybody in Italian around her because you never know who could speak Italian or understand it.

Comment

Haha, true. You should never rant about someone in front of them.

Story 1:

F1=Friend1
              F2=Friend2
              WWH=Woman with Humor

My buddies were sitting in the middle of Paris, having German beer and talking about the sexy French women. You know, stuff like "Oh look at her, I'd like to shag her" etc.

So, my buddies had a couple of beers, when this two older ladies sit down at the table next to them. WWH takes out a picture.

F1: Oh man, look at that, I wouldn't mind doing her.
              (This goes on for 5 minutes, which I will spare you, I guess you know what followed anyway. ^^)
              So after 5 minutes:
              F2: Yeah, totally, she is hot and look at her bewbs.
              WWH: *In German* That is my daugther.
              F1&F1:

WWH: *Laughing* Don't worry, I was young too!
              http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
              Melody Gardot

Comment

Working...
              X