Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Curtains" for us, at the hands of an SC (Long, duh)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Curtains" for us, at the hands of an SC (Long, duh)

Not long after opening today, this really big lady inflicts herself upon the service desk. And by "big", I don't mean fat, I mean tall and muscular.

Apparently, she had 5 packages of a certain kind of curtain, but needed a sixth, and how dare we run out of her curtains and can we check the backroom to see if we have more? It turns out that no, we don't. Wanna raincheck?

Muscular lady says okay, fine, when are the curtains coming in? Service desk lady tells her she doesn't know, it could be sometime this week, or next week, or next month, depending on when the DC gets around to shipping us some more.

Of course this means the service desk lady, who's only been working at the store for 32 years, doesn't know shit, and muscular lady has no problem telling her this and demanding that we tell her for sure if it's going to come in on the next truck. Service desk lady tells her she can't look up that information.

This is a lie. The next truck actually came this morning at 4:30 and the manifest is printed and sitting upstairs on the manager's desk. But with as entitled and nasty as muscular lady is being, we don't feel like going that extra mile.

Muscular lady demands we check other stores to see if they have her curtains in stock. On this journey of discovery, we find that one of our stores in Green Bay has 8 packages of the curtains in stock. Service desk lady informs muscular lady of this.

Muscular lady has us know she cannot make the long and arduous 30-minute drive to Green Bay, so therefore we will call the store up and have them hold the curtains for her until such time as she can haul her tight ass up there. Service desk lady calls the Green Bay store, and the person there taking the call tells her they can only hold the curtains for 24 hours, which is company policy anyway.

Service desk lady tells muscular lady this, and also offers to start an interstore transfer, but it will take a week or more for the curtains to wend their way through the DC or UPS as the case may be, and finally arrive at our store.

Again, this means service desk lady, with 32 Years Serving You, doesn't know her job and muscular lady bellows the Four Magic Words: "Get Me A Manager."

And thus apparel manager is forced to enter the fray. Actually, service desk lady pages her twice in about 15 seconds, so muscular lady must've let her know it would be in her best interests to get a manager down there post haste.

Muscular lady then pulls this whole "I Am Bigger Than You So You Will Do What I Tell You To Do" routine, standing straight up and talking down to apparel manager, and also chewing up a nice chunk of her personal space as well, for what I heard.

Apparel manager ended up agreeing to make a special trip to the Green Bay store to obtain 1 package of curtains for muscular lady, who then demands to know "Are you just going to throw them on the back counter then?" Apparel manager tells her that's where they will be, and muscular lady warns "I'll be back later this evening and those curtains better be there!"

And after muscular lady leaves, apparel manager hops in her car to go up to Green Bay, leaving us sans any managers while she's gone.

And somewhere, the PFB team and all the other EWs of the world, beamed at this poor, downtrodden, oppressed customer sticking it to the faceless, soulless, customer-unfriendly discount retailer behemoth bogeyman.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

GarggGHHHHH!!! >_<

IS there a way to have that spineless manager have an accident w/ a woodchipper?!

Comment

Roid rage maybe?

You'd be surprised how many big people back right down if you stand your ground against them. I can't believe your manager bent over backward so much for that SC because she couldn't be arsed to drive 30 minutes.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Oh.

My.

Gawd.

WTF is wrong with that manager?!?!

Seriously though. That's just wrong and that manager needs a new job. As the fuckin doormat.

Comment

In my most nasty southern accent(which I do quite well )

Oh Hell Nawh!

No way in hell would I use my personal car to go and be an errand/whipping boy/post for this bitch of an entitlement whore!

You want the curtains that are in Green Bay you have two options:

1- go over there and pick them up
          2- wait for them to be shipped over

Sorry those are the options - if you don't like those options here is the number corporate and you can complain to them further, have a nice day and thank you for shopping with us..

Next customer please!

Say nothing more to her and if she continues bitching, Ma'am we have explained all the options and have given you the number to escalate this further we can do nothing more for you.

Next customer please!

Comment

Sounds like that manager just won the "Manager to personally page whenever any SC complains, even before they ask for a manager" award. They wanna bend over backwards like that once, they're gonna be the one in charge of that until they develop a spine. I'm sure it won't take long before they get tired of kissing CS ass.
            I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

If I was a manager there I'd inform her on her return that she was banned from the store LOL.

Comment

see this is where you would page that manager for EVERY little thing.. "oh sorry ma'am you accidently dropped your purse/wallet/ object.. here let me page my manager so she can pick it up AND perhaps bend over backwards to do anything for you"

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
                  Sounds like that manager just won the "Manager to personally page whenever any SC complains, even before they ask for a manager" award. They wanna bend over backwards like that once, they're gonna be the one in charge of that until they develop a spine. I'm sure it won't take long before they get tired of kissing CS ass.
                  And I would be fine with that.

I don't care much for the apparel manager anyhow.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hmm, hows about adding a delivery fee (otherwise known as the go-fer fee). Anyone?
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                      she couldn't be arsed to drive 30 minutes.
                      Actually, an hour.

It'll be round trip, after all.

NO ONE wants to be stuck in Green Bay.

Hell, I try to hitchhike out of town on the Greyhound busses.

They never stop for me.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Did the SC ever come back Irving ?

Comment

Were the curtains for the customer to wear or for the window (think Carol Burnett)
                          Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
                            Were the curtains for the customer to wear or for the window (think Carol Burnett)
                            I just saw these curtains in the window and couldn't resist. . .

One of my fave sketches ever.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

What the bloody hell was that manager on?!!
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X