Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just beacuse it's not in front of you does not mean you don't have to pay for it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just beacuse it's not in front of you does not mean you don't have to pay for it!

Alright, to shoplifters at Subway...If you take a bag of chips or something from the cooler and then stuff it in your pocket/purse/backpack, then you have to pay for it. I saw you stuff that into your pocket, I heard you stuff that can of chips in there. I saw you chug that milk and then throw it in the trash. You can say "I DIDN'T DRINK THAT!" all you want, you're still paying for that milk. You do not get it for free...that is what we call "stealing".

And no, just beacuse you picked up a bag of chips and started eating it right in front of us does not mean that we can't charge you for them.
    Kangaroo Squee!

Who thinks like that?? Some people have mountain sized testicular fortitude & they think they can get away with stupid shit. But in the end, Karma takes a nice healthy bite out of their ass.

Comment

Testicular fortitude meet: 15lb brass sledge hammer

thiefs! had someone in safeway when I worked there tell a manager: Its not stealing if I finish it inside the store.
      Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
      pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
        Testicular fortitude meet: 15lb brass sledge hammer

thiefs! had someone in safeway when I worked there tell a manager: Its not stealing if I finish it inside the store.
        I would love to say to them "It's not murder if they never find your body"

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
          The hell it isn't, it's stealing the moment you open it. So many people don't realise grazing is theft.

Quoth Shimatta View Post
          It's also not murder if they don't die from the beating.
          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

*interjects*

Testicular Fortitude. I like that. Muhaha.
            Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
              The hell it isn't, it's stealing the moment you open it. So many people don't realise grazing is theft.

It's also not murder if they don't die from the beating.
              Serious? LOL Sometimes I would eat the chips from the supermarket if I was really hungry, but I would ALWAYS pay for it. Even with drinks.

Comment

Quoth Shimatta View Post
                And from a legal standpoint you would be correct.

Comment

Quoth bookishfreak View Post
                  And from a legal standpoint you would be correct.
                  Not so much anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_...without_a_body

Ain't science grand?
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I have the same pet peeve at my Subway. (If pet peeve is a strong enough term)

We run into that alot with drink refills. Yes, we charge for them. Yes, I'm aware other Subways do not. Also, the HUGE sign posted on the Pop machine states that refills cost 79 cents so you're gonna have to pay or be called a theif.

Another issue with theives - we're located inside a c-store and can ring up any product the store carries so we also get the "I paid for that on the other side already"

The manager of the c-store expects my staff to give reciepts when someone purchases her product from us, but doesn't instruct her staff to do the same so we can verify the customer has indeed paid.

When someone comes to the cash with c-store product, I always ask "would you like me to ring in that chocolate bar?" If they say they already paid, I'm not risking offending a paying customer, so I let it go.

Not the best plan where the company is concerned. But the system breaks down if the entire store isn't working the same way.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      Not so much anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_...without_a_body

Ain't science grand?

Interesting! Thanks for the article.

Comment

Working...
                      X