Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No sorry should have paid attention(very bitchy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No sorry should have paid attention(very bitchy)

So I really am scared for the future.I deal with nothing but stuck up students. They won't take the ear buds out for even a second to hear their total and get mad when I tell them they have to. I had multiple kids not even look at me when they were paying. They stood sideways. I kinda lost it with one girl today. I'm really sick and tired of being ignored when I ask if they need a receipt.Then after the transaction they scream I NEED a receipt. So today a girl came through and same story when I asked her she said nothing. So of course after the transaction she screams I NEED a reciept. I just told her that I asked her and she said nothing.I told sorry now I can't print one(a flat out lie). She just pouted and went on her spoiled way.I'm sure she learned nothing.
    I just hope and pray that these brats grow up and get manners before they get jobs outside of college. I can just see them getting fired for not doing what the boss wants or completely ignoring what the boss says.Sorry I just had to rant after 8 hours of dealing with brats
    Last edited by candyshopgirl; 03-26-2009, 12:06 PM.

Those damn ear buds. I get one or two of those per season who won't remove those brain blasters to do a return.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I don't get these people. I mean, I love my iPod in a rather unhealthy manner, but I always take my earbuds out before trying to converse with anyone. It's just rude not to pay attention to the human in front of you. The music is recorded. The person in front of you is real. These people need to learn to tell the difference.

I don't get some people. Argh.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Oh it's not just the earbuds there's also cellphones. I had one girl stay after the transaction was over because someone texted her and she had to text them back right this minute! All her stuff was in the way and she was oblivious that she needed to leave, you know because you can't text somewhere else such as a 10 feet away from the counter.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

*eyetwitch*

I...don't..get...people. I take a bit of time to move away once I'm done with a transaction but at least I'm not texting someone in the middle! Yipes.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

That's why I refuse to get an iPod: I saw waaaaaay too many people at college who always always ALWAYS had those earbuds in--the only time they would take them out was when a prof made them. Every conversation, every step, every moment had music blasting. I wonder, when was the last time they heard the birds in the trees? Or wind rustling the grass? Or, God forbid, silence?
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I have the ear buds in all the time. Even at home. Don't know why, but it's super duper comforting-even if I'm not playing anything at the moment. BUT I always take them out before I try to deal with people. I'm hard o hearing as it is, I don't need anything else in the way. Besides, I've been told I almost shout with them in. Oops.

Still. Get some manners-remove headphones and pocket cell phones before you get to the counter.
              Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Quoth SnapAddict218 View Post
                I have the ear buds in all the time. Even at home. Don't know why, but it's super duper comforting-even if I'm not playing anything at the moment. BUT I always take them out before I try to deal with people. I'm hard o hearing as it is, I don't need anything else in the way. Besides, I've been told I almost shout with them in. Oops.
                I have my ear-covering headphones on almost all the time at work, music or no, because my office gets VERY noisy, and it helps me block it out and do work. But the instant someone talks to me, the headphones come off.
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

My it is SO refreshing when you have that lone little customer that's on the cell phone and tells the other person "Sorry, I have to call you back, I'm checking out". Sadly, that doesn't happen often.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    My it is SO refreshing when you have that lone little customer that's on the cell phone and tells the other person "Sorry, I have to call you back, I'm checking out". Sadly, that doesn't happen often.
                    Is that by Hans Christian Andersen? Because it sounds like a fairy tale I would be so happy if that happened...
                    !
                    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                      I think that in four years in retail, that's happend once. There is nothing worse than a customer just gabbing on their cell phone while you are trying to ring them up...especially if they want ciggarettes...so I make them repeat what kind they want about ten times...

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
                        Is that by Hans Christian Andersen? Because it sounds like a fairy tale I would be so happy if that happened...
                        Well, you know what it is, right? That lone little customer... works in retail.

Comment

I try to avoid on the cell when I'm in public (besides, I hate talking on the phone period...txt me, lol)

As for earbuds. I keep 'em in when I don't want people talking to me....but for some reason this guy keep trying to talk to me on my lunch break....dude, if Im listening to tunes and reading a book, that mean I do not want to talk....grrr

I never spoke to customers when they were on their cell phone....just ignored 'em
                          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                          X