Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One sucky customer, one awesome. Good combination.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One sucky customer, one awesome. Good combination.

The cast:
    SC - Customer that actually doesn't suck all that bad.
    SW - Sucky wife of customer-that-doesn't-suck-that-bad.
    AC - Awesome customer
    Me - Hi.

So, I'm standing behind my desk, minding my own business. SC comes up to the desk with a memory foam pillow that he would like to return. I tell him that I can't do returns at the catalog desk, he has to take it back to the hosewares department.
    SC: Really?
    Me: Yeah.
    SC: But when I called (other store location), they told me to take it to the catalog desk.
    Me: That's where they do returns at their location, because they are a smaller store. All our returns are done back at the department.
    SC: Hm. Okay.

And he walks off. He's not happy, but he's not angry. Okay, no worries. Then AC walks up to the desk and tells me she wants to pay her bill.

Now, as SC gets about five yards away from my desk, he passes his wife, who proceeds to throw a hissy fit because I can't do the return at my desk. So she starts yelling at me, still standing five yards away from my desk, so I've got to shout back at her.
    SW: You can't do returns there? That's ridiculous! At (other location) they do returns at catalog!
    Me: Yes, that's how it works at their store. We don't have anywhere to put returned merchandise here. It's all handled at the department.
    SW: That's so stupid! You don't do any returns there?
    Me: No.
    SW: Since when?
    Me: We've never done returns here in any of the 38 years we have been open...
    SW: But you should--

At this point, the AC who has been standing patiently waiting for this whole thing to be over.... whips around and shouts....
    AC: Oh, GET OVER YOURSELF, LADY!

Both me and SW stand there for a second, processing. Then SW turns with her husband and walks off toward the housewares department.

Me: You know, I think I love you.
    AC: Meh. People like that are why I got out of retail.

AC totally sounds like me. Difference is I've never been in retail.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

A customer who actually understands the bull we have to put up with day in and day out?!
      Just kidding.... I've had tons of customers who sympathsize with me when I have a sucky customer. One time I had a SC, and the other customer behind her told her to stop complaining and that she was holding up the line. The two of them proceeded to argue for a few more minutes (which I enjoyed thoroughly as I rang up the SC's very big transaction). I just kept on ringing everything up and did not say a word.
      Hats off to the customers who stand up for us when we can't do it ourselves, because we all know that our dumbass managers will fire us if we do.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
        Hats off to the customers who stand up for us when we can't do it ourselves, because we all know that our dumbass managers will fire us if we do.
        Preach!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
        X