This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of wtf suck. (long)

If you want to order a sandwich, wrap, roll, bagel, anything at my job you have to punch it into the computer. If its a new customer I'll typically walk them through the ordering process, but honestly I do it to be nice not because its hard. I have small children use these computers everyday. Very small children.

There is a man who comes into my job regularly, and every time he does no matter what the circumstances he refuses to punch in his order. Every time either a coworker or I will show him how to punch in his order.

If its just him waiting I don't care but if its a long line of people he will quickly lose his place in line and I will never get to him because other people are putting in their orders.

A few days ago my coworker called out last minute leaving me and another coworker alone on first shift. This is not a good thing, first shift is very busy and almost impossible to do with less than three people.

I was in the deli and I was slammed with people most wanting cold cuts which takes me longer to do than sandwiches when sucky roll guy comes up.

SRG- *putting his roll on the counter* Buttered Roll

Me- Sir, I am really busy this morning I need you to punch in your order.

SRG- I'll wait

Me- Sir, If you wait I wont get to you, just press the screen and ect ect *I explained everything he would have had to press*

SRG- Its OK, I'll wait

I ignore him and go back to helping the other customers including the ones who are coming up and putting in their orders

SRG- Aren't you going to help me?

Me- I'll help you If you put in your order

SRG- I've never touched that computer, never have, never will

Me- FINE! *I take his roll butter it and put it into one of our clear plastic bags so the cashier can ring it up manually*

SRG- What your not gonna toast it?

Me- *frustrated I threw out the old roll and turned to get a new one*

SRG- What? What? No! No! Forget it! I don't even want it now if your gonna be a bitch!

Me- Fine *He stood there and stared at me for a minute more before he stormed out of the store*

I don't know if he expected grovelling on my part but I had a dozen more customers who were being held up and were spending a lot more than $1.25

Also If a customer comes up and starts telling me their order I will go through my whole speech. "You put in your order through our computers. Do you know how?" If No then I offer help, If yes then its "Ok, but if you have any questions just ask."

I'm behind the coffee center when a lady come up to me and asks for a buttered roll, I go through about half of the speech when she slams the roll on the counter and says "I DO NOT have time for this"

I took the roll to the deli and realize that we don't have any butter. This means I have to go the back cooler to get some. This is tops a two minute task. I tell her I need to get butter, and go get it. By the time i get back up she's paying and my coworker tells me she doesn't want the roll.

"She says you are the only one who makes her use the machines *bullshit* and she can't wait around for you all day"

Oh Well.

And now for a tidbit of stupid.

A woman ordered a sandwich, and asked for oil and vinegar on the side. Not an unusual request. I tell her ok and she stares at me for a minute.

"Well... I'm gonna get coffee...but don't worry I'll remind you when i come back up"

Yes because I'm going to forget in the next minute and a half. It will take you longer to get coffee then it will for me to make your sandwich.
    My name is Leztwerp Its NOT Dollface Princess Angel Sweetheart Honey Baby or any thing else you can come up with. Theres a reason I have to wear this name tag please read it and follow it accordingly.

A sign might be handy...

"All orders must be submitted via computer only."
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Huh, that's unusual. I've never heard of a place where you punch in your orders yourself.

Comment

A sign might be handy...
        Yeah they never ignore signs.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
          Huh, that's unusual. I've never heard of a place where you punch in your orders yourself.
          Sheetz gas stations do this. They have touch screen displays you order on.

Comment

If you want to order a sandwich, wrap, roll, bagel, anything at my job you have to punch it into the computer
            oooo you're giving me flash backs to being in Japan.

My BF & I use to go to the Beef Bowl (not sure what the locals called it but that's what we called it). You go in, put your yen into a machine and the buttons on the front of it light up with what's available for the amount of yen you put in. And all of the buttons have images of the product so you don't even need to read Kangi...

you push buttons to select your order & the machine spits out little tabs of paper that you hand to the person cooking the food.

very awesome.

Comment

The diner on my school's campus has one. Much easier process. You pick out what you want, it prints you up a receipt, then the cashier takes it whenever you are ready and just scans it. It's definitely sped up the line that builds up very fast.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
                It's pretty much the norm around here. Every Sheetz, WaWa, even some 7-11's are that way. Even for a hot dog!

Comment

theres a maccas in Auckland that lets you do that and I LOVE IT

I will drive out of my way to go there because its almost completely self serve. They have a drink station, a fries station (filled with a couple of each of the sizes) and a burger station where you pick up your burger directly from the worker.

Because you punch in the order youself you can select
                  "no tomato" or "extra cheese" "no pickle" and then the mistake is on YOU.

Its also SO much faster, because the workers have to only worry about their station and there are very few runners it works like clockwork every time I have been there.
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Maybe he's a germaphobe and doesn't want to touch a computer that other people have touched?

Or an extreme technophobe.

Or one of those people who thinks punching orders in is the employee's job and he'll be damned if he's going to do someone else's job without being paid for it.

The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

all the local Wawa's are like that.. we love it ^_^ cuz it makes it super easy to get no mayo or extra onion or something ^^
                      but I've seen a few people pointedly refuse to use the touch-screen..
                      "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                        Maybe he's a germaphobe and doesn't want to touch a computer that other people have touched?

Or an extreme technophobe.

Or one of those people who thinks punching orders in is the employee's job and he'll be damned if he's going to do someone else's job without being paid for it.

Or maybe he's just a lazy dick? Sorry you have to put up with that shit, Leztwerp, I had similar customers when I worked at Harkins. Once I had a customer bitch me out because we didn't keep our straws behind the counter. FUCKING STRAWS THAT WEREN'T 20 FEET AWAY!!!!

Comment

Quoth Mordecai View Post
                          Or maybe he's just a lazy dick?
                          Well, yeah. That goes without saying.
                          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Mordecai View Post
                            Or maybe he's just a lazy dick?
                            Those are always the worst kind
                            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post
                              A sign might be handy...

"All orders must be submitted via computer only."
                              Careful... You know how many SC's assume all retail/service workers are really cleverly built robots or androids whose sole purpose in life is to serve them and listen to their inane requests/bullshit complaints/screaming rants.
                              Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Working...
                              X