This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, if you're in a hurry...

...then DON'T DISPUTE THE PRICE WHEN NOBODY IS AROUND TO CHECK!!!

Long story short: guy argues over grapes which I KNOW are the correct price, but don't wanna argue because after all "the customer is always right" so I page. In the end, guy gets sucky and leaves, doesn't lodge a complaint thank God. But seriously, if you cannot wait five minutes for me to do so, either go and get the damn tag yourself to prove it, get me a catalogue to prove it, or go and argue with my manager.

Also had a lady who was a bit clueless I think...

I check eggs, regardless of how rude a customer is, this lady had barn-laid eggs, I get a replacement, turns out the guy picked up cage, lady argued that they were free-range. In the end i gave them to her to shut her up, she said she didn't have her glasses so I let it slide ONCE. I won't be so nice next time
    What the problem was, was that there was about a $1.50 price discrepancy between the two. In the end I spoke to my supervisor, she said that a $1.50 really wasn't worth worrying over.

Finally an oops on my coworker's part:

CW: Hey, for asparagus do I check up P, G or S? (side note: we don't have to memorise PLU's for produce, it's all in the computer with correct prices)
    Me: Umm...you check under A?
    CW:
    Awesome Customer:
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Some people use that "I'm in a hurry line" just so you'll cave in.
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I didn't know barns could lay eggs!

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
        because after all "the customer is always right"
        oh no they are not always right!!!!!

Who has been telling you that *loads her gun*
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

After I paralyze his left side he will be! (ALWAYS right, that is)
          Last edited by dalesys; 03-27-2009, 07:39 PM.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Similar, it is common sense to think that an appointment in an opticians, which is a medical practice, might take some time? Don't shout at us because everyone else had the smart idea to collect their glasses at lunchtime and therefore there is a fifteen minute wait. And don't shout at me because you have an appointment in tne minutes- why the hell do you think getting your eyes tested and your glasses sorted is taht quick! It is a clinical thing, and it takes time because we DO IT RIGHT.
            Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

LOL This reminds me of something a saw a couple of months ago.

Was having dinner out with some of my friends at the local white spot on a Saturday night. Being a Saturday night it was busy, and we had to stand in a line to get a seat. It is also important to note that you could see that there were people waiting to be seated from the parking lot.

In any case we got in and ordered our food. A few minutes later this older lady got seated nearby and also ordered. Simple enough right? Now White spot is a borderline sit down restaurant so it can take a while to get ones meal. After waiting for about 20 minutes I looked up and saw this conversation take place.

OSC - the old lady
              W - waiter

OSC - Waiter, I'm very upset. I had to wait to get seated and now I have to wait to get my food.
              W- I’m sorry mam, its a very busy night and we are working as quickly as possible to get everyone served as quickly as possible
              OSC - that’s not good enough, I have to catch a ferry and I came here looking to get a quick meal. I’m in a hurry so I need my food now.
              W- I am sorry there was a delay. We will see that we can do to rush your order.

Sooooo... aside from the fact that the old lady used the rudest most condescending tone ive heard in a long time that does not seem that bad. Well not bad except for 3 things. I had just spent all week acting as a manager and dealing with self entitled people so had to stop myself from ripping her a new one. Oh yes, and the ferry she was going to catch? it left the harbour about 15 minutes before the old lady entered the restaurant, and has a 2 hour wait till the next ferry. Yes that’s right, the next boat would not have even arrived for another hour and a half at the time she complained. The port where that boat takes on passengers is in the middle of the city, and was a little over one mile away. Less than 5 minutes by car. Oh yes, and that particular boat has a white spot on board. it leans more towards the fast food side of things, but you can still get a very good sit down meal for about the same price.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

See this next to it?

That indicates that I had another idea up my sleeve. As far as "the customer is always right" goes, if I did make the mistake and was aware of it i.e. I accidentally put in the wrong produce code, I drop something or something similar, I'll correct it and apologise, most of the time, my customers don't mind me backing up their claims with a grocery check, but then there's people like this one.
                He knew that at most, we'd have skeleton staff this late at night, so arguing with me over the price...well, I can't get into trouble for following policy now can I? (policy for ALL price checks is self-explanatory: get department to check it out so they can fix it).
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                  See this next to it?
                  oh I knew, you knew I was just having some fun
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth alacazar View Post
                    Oh yes, and that particular boat has a white spot on board. it leans more towards the fast food side of things, but you can still get a very good sit down meal for about the same price.
                    Ah, I was going to mention that! There's a freakin' White Spot on the damn boat!

If you have a ferry to catch, then you grab something at the many drive-thrus available on the way to the terminal (I am pretty sure I know which one you're talking about-use to date a guy in that neck o' the woods) and eat it in the car while waiting to board. Pffffft.

[God, I hope that the old lady was not my mother *Stan-nose-pinch*]
                    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Working...
                    X