This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race card pulled at the service desk

This actually happened to my co-worker at the service desk, not me. A guy came up to the service desk and apparently wanted to get his money back on an item his wife purchased just the previous day with a check. My co-worker explained that they were still waiting for the check to clear. He then yelled at her and called her a racist, saying they only hold black people's checks, etc. After a lot of profanity-laced screaming, he headed out (still shouting).

Uh, no dumbass, it can take up to 5 business days for a bank to clear a check REGARDLESS!!! I hate when people try to pull the race card....
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Darn!

I KNEW I should have had "Not a Black Person's Check" printed under my phone number. You know, so it would clear faster. Seriously - does this SC think the bank stops processing the store's deposits and asks around until they determine the race of the account holder on a check? For ALL the checks?

I realize the race card is occasionally justified, and occasionally murky, but on this one if I were Despina's CW, I would have had to laugh out loud.

Comment

I still crack up when I think about that guy we had in our store who said "You think I need help loading this into my car because I'm black, don't you?!"

Comment

We overbooked at the Old Hotel a while back and this guy was the last to check in, so he was the last person we walked. Once he comes in, he goes "It's because I'm black, isn't it?"

I was all

So I asked him how I could get the colour of a person's skin from their name. Nevermind the fact he had a very common name (...his name was brown. ) so he went to another hotel (paid by us, of course) in a huff.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
          X