This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet stupidity and homophobia... joy

OK, so the internet has been out tonight... be it because of the storm, the utility construction that UTA is working on, or just because our telecom sucks... who knows... but guess what, it happens... there's nothing I can do about it other than report it to tech support who will either fix it on their end or send a tech out in the morning to fix it on our end... so far most people have been OK with this... not Mr. Sucky Customer though.

SC- what the hell is this (pointing to error message on internet explorer on the lobby computer).
    Me- I'm sorry, the internet is out right now... we've already contacted tech support, they are working on bringing it back online.
    SC- well, when will it be working again?
    Me- I don't know, tech support still doesn't know what's wrong so could be anytime from now til tomorrow.
    SC- This is bullshit... what if someone needs the internet?
    Me- I understand... there's not much I can do though other than wait for tech support to do their job... ball's in their court now.
    SC- well, why don't you fix it?
    Me- I've tried... I can't get it to work... I"ve tried everything I can think of... it didn't work, that's why I had to call tech support.
    SC- fine... I guess you're useless... call my room when tech support finishes doing what you should have been able to do.
    Me- sure thing (thinking to self- I hope it's because of UTA's construction and the weather and that this won't be fixed until you check out, Twat).

And for the homophobia... one of my big pet peeves is people who will refer to inanimate objects as gay... because, while I don't really like the snow either I'm pretty sure the snow has no sexual attraction, gay or straight.
    The SC in this story is a teenager, trying to act tough to impress his girl thing.
    SC- God, all this snow is gay.
    Me- The snow does suck... but I'm pretty sure it has no sexual preference.
    SC- well, it's wrong so it must be gay.
    Me- uhuh... (how do you respond to that).
    SC- gays, snow, both need to go.
    Me- Right... I have work to do, if you don't mind and there is nothing else I can assist with...
    SC- you really don't care about the gays, do you? (I'm still trying to make the logical jump from snow to gays... but ok... as GK said, I lack the jetpack to make this jump)
    Me- actually, I do care... however, this is not the time or place to be discussing it... now if you'll excuse me...
    SC- no, tell me your opinion
    Me- my opinion is that you are busy ignoring your girlfriend who really doesn't look amused with this conversation, you really should spend less time arguing with me and more time paying attention to her... and while you're paying attention to her, I also believe you should mind your own business and not worry about how others are living their lives. I also believe that your chaperone would not be thrilled if I had to call her to tell her that you are loitering in the lobby as it is I'm pretty sure it is past curfew for your group... have a good evening

How I didn't strangle him is a mystery to me... apparently I have great self restraint now.
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 03-30-2009, 05:31 PM. Reason: thanks Slyt :D
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    SC- no, tell me your opinion
    Me- my opinion is that you are busy ignoring your girlfriend who really doesn't look amused with this conversation, you really should spend less time arguing with me and more time paying attention to her... and while you're paying attention to her, I also believe you should mind your own business and not worry about how others are living their lives. I also believe that your chaufer would not be thrilled if I had to call her to tell her that you are loitering in the lobby as it is I'm pretty sure it is past curfew for your group... have a good evening
    Bravo sir! Bravo!

Next time you're issuing a put down like that give dates/times beforehand so we can all watch and cheer!
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
      Bravo sir! Bravo!

Next time you're issuing a put down like that give dates/times beforehand so we can all watch and cheer!
      I second that. You rock, Smiley.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Oh my god Smiley, the gay brother I never had (even if I do), why oh WHY did you not get a picture of his face?! -hugs loves and offers much chicken soup, BHC, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom hotness, as well as hot toddies, choclotinis, and appletinis all around!-

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
          why oh WHY did you not get a picture of his face?! -hugs loves and offers much chicken soup, BHC, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom hotness, as well as hot toddies, choclotinis, and appletinis all around!-
          why? Because my camera wasn't out because he wasn't eye candy enough to catolog for future reference (and what do you bet that he's the type who is afraid that every gay guy on the planet is into him )
          oh... and *gladly accepts* but you left out one tiny bit of incentive you keep promising me

Comment

*gladly accepts* but you left out one tiny bit of incentive you keep promising me
            And I keep telling you, get your happy butt to Louisville, and I can EASILY keep that promise!

Comment

"SC- God, all this snow is gay.

Gives whole new meaning the the phrase "snow job", huh?
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Well Mr Smiley, snow is gay. So are rainbows, and butterflies, and sunshine and a lot of other things...

Please refer to your dictionary.

Well... ok, they wouldn't actually be gay, but you can have a gay time in or with them. And a happy time. And a joyous time.... yeah, you get me now....

Good ear smacking you gave him! I hope he was suitably embarrassed and chagrined in front of his girlfriend, and had the decency to blush (and, hopefully, she gave him an earful as well...).

I was GM of a WoW guild, and a couple of youngsters like using that term... they were most offended when they were asked to refrain from using it. Isn't it weird that people can get offended when you tell them they are being offensive?? Gits!

(Btw - I think the word you were looking for was 'chaperone')
                When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

I was told the word that... idjit.. would be looking for isn't gay but "ghey". I refer to Urban Dictionary for the explanation.

Ghey
                  Usurping the traditional term GAY to take the homosexual meaning out and leaving in the lame.
                  example: That's so gay it's G-H-E-Y!

This was a habit that took me a year and a half to BREAK in my so. He no longer says it, thankfully. Because the phrase made NO SENSE whatsoever.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

SC- fine... I guess you're useless...
                    "Hey I know! Why don't you fix it yourself if it's so damn easy, asshole?"
                    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I get annoyed when people call something they don't like "gay," and I usually call them on it.

Awhile ago, my roomate was at a very tough, frustrating spot in a video game, and he proclaimed "This is so gay!" So I asked him "In what way is that game possibly homosexual?"

He thought for a second and said "well, it's a pain in my ass."

Touche.
                      Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post

He thought for a second and said "well, it's a pain in my ass."
                        but was it the good kind

ok, I'll go hide in my corner again

Comment

you really should spend less time arguing with me and more time paying attention to her
                          with a line like that, you probably could have stolen said girlfriend from him. even if she's not your type.

Comment

SC- God, all this snow is gay.
                            You should've said, "Takes one to know one!"
                            Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                            Gives whole new meaning the the phrase "snow job", huh?

Seriously, it's irritating hearing someone use the term "gay" to refer to something the speaker dislikes. Do they not have any idea how idiotic that makes them sound? Come up with some new terms that don't slander other people!
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Nice smackdown, Smiley.

XCashier, I have an idea for a word to use when something is bad, inconvenient, or otherwise annoying.

"annoying".

Other suggestions include "bad", "inconvenient" and "irritating".

Of course, these words require that one have a vocabulary somewhat greater than 50 words.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X