This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He wasn't going to give up!

I just remembered this one from about ten years back. When I was a toll operator at Bellsouth, we dealt with all kinds of crazy people. One night, I had overheard at least three other people around me say, "Sir, we can help you, but you must stop with the language! All right sir, I'm giving you my supervisor."

I got to be the next lucky bastard to get this guy. It was an old man ranting and raving about the f***ing phone company, and he was going to come down and rip someone's balls off, and so on. I gave him to my supervisor, just like the others did. Within a minute, my supervisor came flying over to my desk and said, "Please put in the proper trouble code for an abusive customer, then release the call. I have had that man four times now!"

At the time, we had three offices in the state, which probably means more than just four people spoke to him. It was obvious operators were disconnecting the call and it would turn into him just calling back.

I hate persistent people like that.

OK I'll bite, what was his complaint? Actually charging him for the service? Or what?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
      OK I'll bite, what was his complaint? Actually charging him for the service? Or what?
      We never did find out, at least in my office. If he had dispensed with the abusiveness, we may have known what he was complaining about.

Comment

Working...
      X