Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well maybe if you put the dam camera away...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well maybe if you put the dam camera away...

I just remembered this treasure and thought you'd all enjoy it
    BG: I work in a bowling alley, thats pretty much it.

Ok so, out lane machines arent brand new( from the 70's i believe) but they get the job done. Now, for those of us, myself included, who arent machinery-savvy, if you leave one of these machines on for an extended period while noone is using it, the motor will overheat, and thus the machine will need to be shut down for, oh probably at least an hour before it will work properly again. Now, on to the title story...

I was working one saturday night, which just so happens to be one of our two busiest nights of the week. This is due to the fact that friday and saturday nights are glow-bowl nights. At 7pm on those nights, the house lights go out and the blacklights and party lights, as well as some good rock music, are turned on. Well, this particular night, all of our 12 lanes were full up(remember, we're on a college campus inside the student union building, so 12 lanes is good for that). We had this group of girls, i believe sorority girls, on lane number 4. Lane 4 is pretty close to the front desk which is where i take-up residence during my shifts. So, we get this group of approx. 5 girls going on this lane. They bowl, and then they start taking pictures......and more pictures.......and more pictures.......and more pictures......see a pattern here? They continued to tip the bowling-to-photo ratio grossly in the direction of photos. After about 30 minutes of non-bowling, their lane machine shut off because, guess what, the motor overheated. Then then proceeded to inform the front desk clerk, me, that there lane turned off. I went in the back to see, though i already knew, what was wrong. When i got there, there may as well have been magma pouring from the vents in the poor motor. I turned the breaker off and proceeded to head out front and inform them that the lane machine had overheated and that there werent any more available lanes at the moment and that i had no idea as to when the next one would be free. Then they have the absolute gaul to get huffy about it since they didnt get to finish the game, and *unfortunately* i had to give them a refund. Hence the title, If they'd only put the damn camera away...

How many damn photos do you need of you and your friends at the bowling alley? I can see if you were walking around at some hot touristy location taking all those pictures. But I guess u need lots of OMG hawt photos 4 ur way kewl facebook!! (myspace isn't cool anymore, in case you guys didn't know) (I know a girl who has over 300 photos of just herself on her Facebook page. who wants to see that many photos of your myspace hair?! And I don't mean, like 300 photos of her in different costumes. It's like everyday when she gets dressed she takes a pic of how awesome she looks that day or something. And yes, she is a whore.)
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Working...
    X