This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a long line...

...and make it even longer by whinging about 25 cents at the head of it!

It's busy. There's only one register. So there's a line. Most customers have the attitude of "that's what I get for getting in before the price rise" (around here petrol prices usually go up on Wednesday afternoon or night).

But not this guy, who wasn't even buying any petrol, and in the end didn't even buy anything. He wanted an energy drink that comes in a 500ml can.

Me: "$3.75 please."
    SC: "$3.75? That's ridiculous! Other servos sell it for $3.50." (I want to know which servo it is, most that I've seen sell it for $3.95)
    Me: "Well here it's $3.75."
    SC: (more whinging, attempting to haggle, eventually "I'm not buying that!" (leaves, leaving the drink on the counter)

While he wasn't buying that, 3 people joined the line. Fortunately I am quick when dealing with non-SCs so it took only a few minutes to clear the customers in the line. Unfortunately it was a very busy period so more people joined it.

Ugh... how does .25 off of 3.50 = a deal? How ridiculous that he wouldn't buy it because it was a slightly different price than he had thought. For a can of sugar water, anything above $1 is pretty pricey...

(not that I don't buy plenty of $$$ energy drinks myself )
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
      Ugh... how does .25 off of 3.50 = a deal? How ridiculous that he wouldn't buy it because it was a slightly different price than he had thought. For a can of sugar water, anything above $1 is pretty pricey...

(not that I don't buy plenty of $$$ energy drinks myself )

$3.50-$4.50 is average for energy drinks here. Prices are higher on everything but tipping is not compulsory.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
        $3.50-$4.50 is average for energy drinks here.
        Here they're about the same really. Maybe $3-4, but you can get higher for the fancy ones (no-sugar, etc). But if you want it, that's what you gots to pay

Too bad about the lack of mandatory tipping, though...
        !
        "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth Mnemjian View Post
          Too bad about the lack of mandatory tipping, though...
          I'll just have to live with a decent minimum wage instead.

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Mother? (the type of drink that is )
            We've got it for about that price at work. I only know because I get asked to fill the drink fridges half the time and that's what crops up.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
            X