This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Your Problem, Not Mine!

While answering phone calls at work yesterday, I received a call from a real estate agent who was calling on behalf of her client. As it turns out, she encouraged to use our company for moving into the new house she sold him. The purpose of her call was to try to get us to waive most of the charges, as she said it was just ridiculous for him to have to pay almost $600. Last time I checked, it would have cost more than that to hire movers. And he would have had them for only one day. By going with our company, a storage container was delivered to his old home, filled at his leisure, and then returned to a storage center where it remained for 6 weeks. It was then delivered to his new home for him to unload and then it was picked up again once it was emptied.

Apparently, she lead her client to believe that it would only cost a couple hundred dollars to use our company. And now that he is receiving invoices, he sees what it really cost and was upset with his agent.

So she calls me and keeps asking me what I am going to do to help her client. Finally, after telling her that I could not adjust the charges, I gave her an answer to her question. And she was not happy with that answer. The last time she asked I said "Nothing, I can do nothing to help your client. If you are that worried about the amount he has to pay, maybe you should consider spending some of the commission you charged him and put it towards the bill."

Funny, she suddenly could not get off the phone with me quick enough. That meant that she intended to contact the corporate call center to try to get them to make us help her. So I quickly added a note to the customer's account saying that this person had already been told that there would be no adjustments. In all capital letters so as to get the immediate attention of anyone who looked at the account. And, this morning I check the account, and sure enough she had called them. And their note said that they had reiterated exactly what I told her.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when she breaks that news to her client.
    "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

I would do the same thing. Let them take the fall for their actions.
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

i think it's great the she thinks it okay for YOUR company to lose money because of her mistake, but it's out of the question that SHE lose any money.
      To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
      my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
        i think it's great the she thinks it okay for YOUR company to lose money because of her mistake, but it's out of the question that SHE lose any money.
        I think this is a case that proves your own signature, joe hx.

Of course, she is the customer (sort of), and the customer is always right. Therefore she cannot make a mistake, and for freeatlast to even suggest such a thing is "poor customer service," which seems to be approaching the same level of offensiveness and pedophilia in our society.

At least this SC hasn't gotten her way... yet. I hope she does have to pay for it. I also hope she learns something from this experience other than what company will not bend to her will.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Did I read the OP right? Only $600 to move? I'd leap at that deal. I didn't pay much less for a few appliances (stove, fridge) and 3 pieces of heavy furntiture. This was to move avout 40 miles from the North side to south 'burbs.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

We get that occasionally from a reseller. Here is the typical sequence.

1. Get a bid solicitation.

2. Procrastinate filling it out.

3. Lose it.

4. Find it again on the day of the deadline for bidding.

5. Call us to confirm the price.

6. Find that we are closed.

7. Guess price anyway and submit bid.

8. Call us the next day to confirm price.

9. Find out price is higher than anticipated.

10. Beg for discount.

11. Have discount request turned down.

12. Complain bitterly that you won't make any money.

13. Think we care.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
            X