X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you angry?

I just don't know what pissed her off.

I had stopped by near the registers and overheard that the SC thought the sign said it was for a lower price. Cashier mentions that she'll get someone to check.

SC says, "No! I'll get the sign and come back."

Cashier: "No...I'll send someone to get it."

Me: "No worries, I'll run and check for you!" (I was going to do it anyway because I like to make sure the signage is correct.)

I go to check...turns out SC was wrong and the sign was clearly marked for another item. I turn around to go back and I see the SC walking towards me in a huff. She gives me this utter look of hate.

I ask her: "Ma'am, was it the ones on the wall?"

She mutters something to me and I watch her walk by. She looks back and says something again in a dark tone, but I couldn't understand her. Then I shrug and go back to the cashier.

Me: "Um...she was rude."

Cashier: "Yeah, I know! She threw her money at me when you left to check the sign! I don't understand what she was so mad about."

I don't either. I guess it's another mystery of life. Anyone got any ideas??

Maybe she had swiped a sign earlier and was going to produce that sign as an outdated one?

Comment

Easy - You went to look. The customer is always right so when they lie they think the cashier will cave. But you went to look. That's what pissed her off. She was caught in her lie.

Comment

Quoth Aislin View Post
        Easy - You went to look. The customer is always right so when they lie they think the cashier will cave. But you went to look. That's what pissed her off. She was caught in her lie.
        Bingo.

Just for the sake of disclosure, how much difference between the two prices?
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

She probably had the mentality of "I cant possibly be wrong" ...I see these people a lot... when you even suggest they MIGHT be wrong... they flip. Start yelling, start being rude, had one guy just push his entire purchase onto the floor by my register just cause I told him the socks were actually a dollar more expensive than he thought they SHOULD be.
          "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
          -Red

Comment

The difference was about seven or eight dollars. Enough that I kind of was like, "Hmmmmmmm, I really want to check that out!"

I wasn't out to prove anyone wrong. There was a 50/50 chance that the customer was right. I wanted to know what the sign said because if the sign was correct and the sale was loaded wrong in the registers, I would want to correct that. If the sign was wrong, then I would take it down, give the customer the price on the sign, and put a sign up with the correct price. It's my job--pricing and signing. So, naturally I would make sure to go and check because I really WANT the customers to get the correct, honest price.

I do think she really wanted to the cashier just to give her the price she wanted, but this cashier wouldn't budge and she knows what she's doing. She's awesome like that.

Comment

Working...
            X