Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concerned about the noise, or just plain creepy?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned about the noise, or just plain creepy?

This happened just a few minutes ago. I checked in a group of 6 rooms, so there's potential for more noise.

This guy comes up to the counter and asks about the big group that just pulled in.
    SC: Is there a lot of younger kids on that bus outside?
    Me: They're high school students.
    SC: Can you tell me what rooms they're in?
    Me: I can not give out that information.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

I would go with creepy. And maybe warn the chaperones about this guy.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Egads... That IS really creepy, but I can understand where he's coming from if he's NOT a perv. When I was still in school, we had a class field trip that lasted over the weekend. I was one of the only kids that just stayed in their room and didn't cause trouble. And let's just say that the rest of my class was so bad, that the following graduating classes didn't get to go on their field trips.
      Check out my cosplay social group!
      http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

As it turns out, this guys's concern might be for nothing, if he was actually concerned about the noise. At the time of this writing, it's 1:30 in the morning. Aside from a little drama in the elevator because they all decided to get on at once, the group has stayed quiet. They must have had one hell of a briefing meeting before leaving the school because they seem to be well-behaved.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I remember the class trip I took when I was in 7th grade....back when we rode dinosaurs to our destinations...anywho...

We had, if I remember, two - four per room...at night, when it was lights out, our chaperones put scotch tape on the outside of the door...if you opened the door, the tape would fold in or break and there would be no way that you could fix it from the inside of the room. Two rooms broke their tape that night and they were suspended when we got back to school on Monday.
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post

We had, if I remember, two - four per room...at night, when it was lights out, our chaperones put scotch tape on the outside of the door...if you opened the door, the tape would fold in or break and there would be no way that you could fix it from the inside of the room. Two rooms broke their tape that night and they were suspended when we got back to school on Monday.
            Yeah, they did that on band trips at my school too. Never had to for my girl scout group on trips though!

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
              I remember the class trip I took when I was in 7th grade....back when we rode dinosaurs to our destinations...anywho...

Oh pu-leeeze .... that's easy!

Remember, most schools have that satin-finish "invisible" tape... while you can use stronger adhesive tapes, most hotels would frown at chaperones using something that could potentially peel the paint off a door or door-frame.

Knowing this, this is how you deal with it:

First, all but one room closes their doors and the last student in puts the tape on all the other doors.... then, just stick the tape on the door frame of the last room, hold it in place with the edge of a piece of paper held against the door frame, close the door on the paper, then, pull the paper back gently. This will make the tape stick against the door, if you do it right.

Try it yourself, after a few tries, its easy.

...amateurs
              -Wembley
              (Finding new ways to get in trouble for over 30 years!)
              Originally Posted by edible_hat
              (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

Yeah...they weren't that smart...
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  I would go with creepy. And maybe warn the chaperones about this guy.
                  XC's right. This sounds too much like a perv.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The one trip in HS that I really remember (where I was a potential trouble-maker) by the time we got back to the hotel, we were pretty much too exhausted to cut up. The most any of us did was go out the window and hang out at the pool for a few hours. I don't think hotel windows open any more---and we were on the 2nd floor.
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                    X