This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head, meet desk. Firmly.

Freelance web designer, just to provide a bit o' background.

I do have those people whom I email regarding projects, and never get a reply from. But this guy...is taking the cake.

IM Convo Initation

Client: seraph, are you there? SERAPH I NEED YOU
    Seraph: Yes, I'm here...what's up?
    Client: Will you be available to work on some banner ads for my site? I've looked all over for people to do it and nobody holds up to your quality
    Seraph: (hey get your nose away from there! ) Sure, email me the specs

Nothing gets sent. I try emailing him a couple of times to ask about it, no response. Eh, whatever.

Two weeks later

Client: SERAPH ARE YOU THERE
    Seraph: -_- Yes, yes I am. What's up?
    Client: I need some banners made! I tried getting someone to do them and THEY WERE TERRIBLE
    Seraph: Okay, well, email me those specs. I can't make you something without knowing anything about it, yanno.
    Client: Okay will send them in a minute!

Nothing. Surprise, eh? I IM him again, reminding him, no response. Sigh.

A few days later after THAT
    Client: so howre those banners coming along?
    Seraph: Without specs, no banners. :P
    Client: OHSH*T I FORGOT! I'll email them right away!

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?!

Coming onto a month after the first IM
    Client: I sent those specs!
    Seraph: Wait, what specs...Oh, those banners? Crikies, I'd forgotten because you never followed through, dude. :P
    Client: yes, sorry about that. anyways, can ya have those ready by tomorrow?
    Seraph: Swear not to run off on me?
    Client: yes, yes sorry. I can never find as good designers as you for so cheap, so I promise!
    Seraph: ....

Made a mockup, didn't put any real work into it....and of course..never heard back.

He has now IMed me TWICE this week, asking again about those banners. I'm now to the point of just saying "Email me and we'll talk, and payment is upfront." Of course, I've never gotten an email still even though he agrees to this. :P
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

I know times are tough and its hard to blow off even a small job but if you can afford to you should automatically put him WAY at the bottom of your client list.
    "Gee, I'm really sorry. I tried to hold a slot open for you but you never sent me those specs and now I'm swamped. It will be at least 2 to 4 weeks before I can get around to it."
    This doesn't quite burn that bridge in case you are desperate in the future.
    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Working...
    X