Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I know why Pharmacy Techs have such amasing salaries...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I know why Pharmacy Techs have such amasing salaries...

....Because they have to deal with some real crap.

I officially despise working in the Pharmacy. All you RX techs out there, you have my sympathies.

I've been meaning to post for awhile, but been busy, but I have stories, so on with the show!

So first off out Pharmacy has been short staffed (and had several people going on vacations too) for a while now so I got trained over there as a cashier. Joy! Basically I run either the drive-thru or the cash register. I only deal with pick-ups, unless it's the drive-thru and then I get drop-offs too. It sucks....

This happens a lot

SC: Hi I have a pick-up for <name>
    Me: Alright *looks up name on computer*

Crud it says "product despensing" meaning it hasn't been filled yet....

Me: It looks like they're still working on it-
    SC: What!?!?! I dropped it off 2 hours ago!!!!
    Me: *yeah sure you did* Sorry we've been really busy lately.
    SC: This is ridiculous I need my meds now!!!

Sigh, this scenario happens way too often. Unfortunately we're very busy and have tons of scripts to fill every day and we simply don't have enough people ever. The wait time is very long. Sorry, deal with it.

This happens a lot too

Drive-Thru:

SC: Hi I need to drop these off

Ok so I get more info, and make sure we have the meds. Then I ask when they need to pick it up.

SC: Uh right now.

Of course, you fuckwads never want to get it the next day. You always need it right now....

Ok, our normal wait time is anywhere from an hour to two hours. Yes that's normal, as in pratically everyday. So I inform them, but no one is ever happy with that...

SC: What?!?! How can it be so long?!?!

Um, we're busy?! Like all the time! We have a freaking huge line of scripts and there's a lot that have problems and we have to contact either the doctor or the insr. company, which increses wait time for everyone because as I said, their aren't enough people. Hell I'm doing both Drive-Thru and the regular register. So if it's busy one of the techs has to help meaning we're down to just to one person doing reception and one doing the filling. Great the wait time increases again!

Me: Well we're really busy and there's a lot of people ahead of you.
    SC: What? I don't see anyone.

Oh great a smart one. Very clever, however you still have much to learn grasshopper.

Me: Well ma'am/sir you're dropping off your perscription and then gonna leave and then come back later to pick it up right?
    SC: ......Yeah?
    Me: Well everyonelse did the same thing.
    SC: Oh....

The master has spoken. May you learn from his wisdom.

Ok that's it for now, hopefully I won't have anything specific later when I work RX again. >.< Or at all. Gods help me....

My boyfriend's father is a pharmacy tech. Their salaries aren't that great, but then again, it's a pharmacy in a Mart store, so that may be why.

His dad has to deal with a LOT of employee theft. All these kids working there stealing Vicodin and other narcotics and muscle relaxing meds.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Well our techs get paid about the same as a department head would. Which is like $15+ an hour. Which is amazing compared to my pay....

Comment

For the life of me, I cannot imagine why somebody would steal muscle relaxers. I've had to take them a couple of times, and they made me feel like a worthless limp noodle. It wasn't the least bit fun.

I know your body can become dependent on them, but I don't know why anybody would do that on purpose.

SirWired

Comment

I don't understand it either, but then again, I've never had a drug addiction and I've never been prescribed anything other than penacillin and girl stuff.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
            For the life of me, I cannot imagine why somebody would steal muscle relaxers. I've had to take them a couple of times, and they made me feel like a worthless limp noodle. It wasn't the least bit fun.

I know your body can become dependent on them, but I don't know why anybody would do that on purpose.

SirWired
            Because it relaxes. It's a downer, like weed.

Not that I support abusing muscle relaxers. I've had my fair share of pain relievers and muscle relaxers and they do feel good. I've also been known to make the joke when people are on that kind of thing "Can I have some?" or "Yay! Fun pills!"

p.s. I only used said prescriptions for what they were intended for and during that time they were needed.
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post

SirWired
              because when a muscle in your back spasms you basically cant move without being in serious agony. Get that spasming muscle to knock it off, and you can move again.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                because when a muscle in your back spasms you basically cant move without being in serious agony. Get that spasming muscle to knock it off, and you can move again.
                Oh, I know what a back spasm feels like, it's why I was on the relaxers to begin with. I just thought that the relaxers made me feel like crap other than for the fact my back felt better.

SirWired

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                  I just thought that the relaxers made me feel like crap other than for the fact my back felt better.
                  Definitely - that's why I've only taken them at night so I can try to get some sleep. I have Ibuprofen 800's for the day that work enough for me to get around, but now even those aren't as effective.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                    Me: Well ma'am/sir you're dropping off your perscription and then gonna leave and then come back later to pick it up right?
                    SC: ......Yeah?
                    Me: Well everyonelse did the same thing.
                    SC: Oh....
                    Wow, I could not have said it better myself. Good show!
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      Wow, I could not have said it better myself. Good show!
                      Thanks!

Somehow I didn't get in trouble for that....

Comment

I guess they think that because it's a drive through window they expect instant gratification, like at a bank or a Taco Bell. They don't understand it can take time for meds to be correctly put together.
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

ooo i could have used some flexoril this weekend too. (very stiff and sore) but none for me. so I'll just use beer.

Comment

I'll bet my buddy Seamus goes through that daily.

He works in... *shivers* A Drug store.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                              I'll bet my buddy Seamus goes through that daily.

He works in... *shivers* A Drug store.
                              Poor guy. I feel for him...

Comment

Working...
                              X